Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, January 16, 2012

Sneak Peak

Hi - hope everyone had a good weekend.  Have you had a chance to hop over to SCS to the bella forum? If you did you would of seen some sneak peak images that Emily is teasing us with.  The release day is tomorrow, Tuesday Jan 17, and all I can say is that I'm excited.  Looks like some new Uptown Girls, and a couple of new designers! woohoo!!

The image that I coloured up to show you is so cute! Who wouldn't love to receive a card with this adorable image?  Okay, enough said here she is - Matilda Swinging!


Isn't she just darling? I coloured miss Matilda using prismacolour pencils and gamsol.  I needed to do something with the big white open space, so I pulled out some of my cloud dies, and traced lightly around some of the cloud formation,  then added a bit of a darker blue and blended out. After I finished colouring her, the image was still lacking something.  So I pulled out my chalks (haven't used these in ages) and sponged some blue chalk in the cloud area.  What I did notice though is that it kind of removed my outline markings of my clouds, and left it with a white outline - does look kind of cool!

Designer paper is by MME - Happier collection.  This cute image also comes with her own sentiment - thinking of you.  I trimmed it up and layered it onto a piece of pink c/s to make a tag.  Finished off with some stitching, glitter, and a couple of pink pearls.

Well that's it for me, but be sure to check out all of the other bellababes for some awesome sneak peaks! You can also see them over at SCS - do search in the gallery using the keyword SBJANRELEASE. Be sure to check out the store over at Stamping Bella tomorrow for the release - have fun shopping!

Have a wonderful day!

9 comments:

Crafty Cath said...

OOOOh what a lovely scene you have made. I know we've barely hit winter but Matilda looks so happy in her spring world. The soft blues and green look so welcoming. Beautiful card..

paula tracy williamson said...

Pauline she is STUNNING! I agree with Cath, I am so ready for spring now...this is just the right thing for a cold monday morning. :)

Regan said...

this is the cutest ever!

Kerri said...

love this card it is so cheery..your coloring is amazing and your color choices are tres awesome..and with a name like Matilda who could not love ya!..lol

Ebru Vatansever said...

Ohhh she is Lovely !!! Your interpretation of this image is gorgeous my friend. I love the background of the clouds and the additional detail of the grass !!!

Leslie said...

So far, the new releases are all a MUST HAVE! Wonderful card Pauline! Your shading is spot on and I love the sky and the clouds - fantastic!!

Dana White said...

Oh Pauline this is stunning. I LOVE all the shading you did for the background.

Leslie Miller said...

Awww, that's a sweet one, for sure! Makes me long for those summer days. I'm so ready! I love how you did the sky, and your sketch with the scallop border and those pretty papers is great!

Robin McK said...

Love these papers Pauline! Your Matilda is completely adorable! Great job