Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Let's Hang Out!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was good, and a very busy day today.  Went to church as normal this morning, then had to be back at church for 4:30 to practice for our Massed Choir which was at 7:00.  This is the finale for Week of Prayer.  We have choir members from different church denominations across the city participate in the choir.  It's a lot of fun,  and lots of singing, which gets crammed into about an hour.  In total the choir sang two Anthems, plus with the congregation we sang another 8 songs. My throat was just a tad dry by the end!

So for my card today, I coloured up this cute design called 'Hanging Sign'.  I've wanted this stamp for quite some time, but always forget to order it, so I finally remembered.


I stamped the image on bella's bestest paper using black memento ink.  I then coloured the image using prismacolour pencils and blended with gamsol.  Used a rectangle s/binder die to cut it out and then sponged some distress stormy sky around the image while the die was still in place.   This stamp comes with 3 sentiments - let's hang out, happy birthday, and thinking of you.  I thought the 'let's hang out' suited this image to a 't'. I stamped the sign portion again onto a scrap piece of white, sponged some stormy sky on it and then stamped the sentiment.  I used some pop dots to layer it over the main image.

Designer paper is from Memory Box.  White scallop border is a Martha Stewart punch, and the kraft colour flourish is a MFT die.  I then punched 3 hydrangea flowers using a Martha Stewart punch, pressed each center of the flower into a rubber foam mat using a stylus to give it some shape, glued these to the flourish and finished them off with tiny white pearls.

That's it for me for tonight.  This Babe is exhausted, I'm heading to bed!  See you soon,

4 comments:

Carla Murphy said...

Wow Pauline. I absolutely love how you coloured this. It's stunning. Also love how you've added those tiny flowers to the mft die - I have to try that! What a beauty! I'd hang out with you anytime!! ;)

Dana White said...

Pauline this is stunning - Why don't I have this one? off to put it in my cart for the next order!!

Crafty Cath said...

Well, I've ordered it but always forget to color it! Hehe this is awesome inspiration though. I love how you used soft blue hues...it looks very warm and welcoming.

paula tracy williamson said...

Hello, I think I remember this image...but I am looking at it like....is this a Bella? Must be one of Emily's hidden treasures and I don't have it! I love it and I know that there is gonna be a run on it at the sore, lol. It's gorjuss, as always!