Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Christmas Ornament

Hi there.  I hope your enjoying your weekend.  A sure sign of fall, when you are woken at 6 am with the sound of crows cawing - I mean hundreds of them, they swarm over the fields behind us looking for food.  They are a nuisance, we have a big issue here in Chatham with the crows, as I'm sure many of you do. It's been a gorgeous weekend here in SW Ontario, sunny and upper 50's, a typical fall day, and the same for today.  Yesterday we managed to get all our outside chores done - lawn furniture put away, flower pots all emptied and put away, gazebo put away, grass cut (hopefully for the last time), bird feeders all topped up, so bring on the fall.

Well as you know the Christmas season is fast approaching and I need to get working on my Christmas card orders- yes already have requests.  So I wanted to come up with some simple yet elegant and something that I can mass produce - do you hear me on that one! So this is what I came up with.


The ornament stamp is from Our Daily Bread and I used the Spellbinder 2010 Heirloom ornament die to cut it out.  It is embossed with gold embossing powder on cream cardstock. The layer behind the ornament is a sizzix embossing folder.  I did up several of these doing all different colours of chiffon ribbon - dark hunter green, burgundy, deep fushia, deep turquoise, and brown.  I also added a coordinating gem in the center of the ornament to match.  The ornament is popped up to give it some dimension. This was very quick to make. 

I'm going to try doing some in silver embossing powder on a white card.

I'll be back tomorrow with an Uptown Girl card - can't wait to show you.  See you then.

Have a wonderful day!
Pauline

6 comments:

Crafty Cath said...

Oh Pauline this is divine! So simple yet so elegant.

Dana White said...

WOW this is stunning!!! LOVE it!!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

You go girl.....keep the simple yet elegant cards coming. I will need to case of few if you don't mind. How I love your style!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Its nice to find a technique that is easy and quick to make, but doesn't look easy to make! This is a very elegant looking card that looks like it took forever to make. Your customers will clean you out in no time...better make more!

Violet

Anonymous said...

For some reason I cannot post a comment on your blog using my Google name: www.craftyviolet.blogspot.com so I have to post using anonymous. Just thought I'd let you know why I do that.
Violet

Anonymous said...

Simple and Elegant = PERFECT! :) Tracy