Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, January 22, 2021

With Love

 Hello everyone! I meant to post this to be loaded up this morning, but I think I lost a day somewhere.  I tell you when you work from home, each day just rolls into the other. I've been totally off my game this week for some reason.

Well, as promised here is the other Valentine card I made for my friend.  I got the stenciling idea from Jennifer McGuire - love her videos, always packed with so much information.  Stencil is from SSS.  I started with some Fog Grey c/s (SSS) and used a light grey ink, I think it was from Altenew.  I then trimmed down the sides and lined it up to where I wanted it on the card base.  I then laid the stencil over top of the fog grey, and then carefully removed the grey c/s and then sponged the stencil onto the pink using PTI peony pink ink and c/s.



I cut the hearts (Aliexpress) from 3 different shades of pink/coral/red.  The heart flourish is from Penny Black (love is growing #51-181) - had it forever, and cut this out of some fine red glitter paper.  Stamped the sentiment (PTI - Ink to Paper) with some black versafine.  I added the 4 red hearts, these were from the Penny Black heart flourish die.

I was going to add some sequins but decided to keep it simple.

Well that's it for me for today.  Hope you are all doing well, and thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful weekend, see you real soon.

Hugs,

Pauline


2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Ahhh, love the hearts, both old and new. You know my fondness for them. The subtly stenciled background is beautiful and the design is lovely. Your friend is going to be very pleased with all your cards!

Ros Crawford said...

I just don't know where the days go... Some days I feel like a prisoner with all the months in lock down. However your gorgeous card made me smile! The soft stenciling is beautiful and the whole card is so elegant. Have a lovely week my friend.