Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Saturday, February 24, 2018

On your special day.....

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've posted, it's been a busy few weeks. I haven't even had a chance to work on any new cards either.  I was out of town for a week of training - work related, and then last weekend Bill & I went up to Algonquin Provincial Park for a getaway for the long weekend.  Our trip was successful as we sighted and took pictures of some birds that we went there for.  Last year this time we had no luck in getting any photos of these birds.  I will have some pictures to share shortly.

Our weather this past week has consisted of lots of rain for 2-3 days and mild temperatures which melted snow, which has caused severe flooding.  Our city is under state of emergency.  The Thames River is to peak tonight. This has been the worst in 60 yrs.  The downtown area which the Thames River runs through has swollen so much the parking lots and homes are flooded.  Several roads in town are closed and many homes have flooded basements.  You can see photo's of our town and surrounding areas in this news report here.

My card today is a wedding card which I made a few weeks ago.  I used some Spellbinders dies, flowers, pearls,  & sequins. You know me, I just love to make these types of cards!


Not a whole lot of explaining for this cards, so I will list the supplies below.

Supplies:

Stamp - Justrite - ever after antique labels one
Dies - Spellbinders - Chantilly paper lace
Paper - SU soft suede, PTI - aqua mist, Cougar - 110lb white, scrap of DP
Misc - mulberry flowers (Wild Orchid crafts), sequins, pearls
 

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope to get back at creating soon.  Have a wonderful day!

Pauline

6 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

This is really pretty Pauline and I'm sure it will be treasured by the happy couple!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, no! I watched the news report, and I hope you're well away from that, safe in your home. The way the weather has been shifting around so quickly this year is really causing a lot of problems. The effects of a disaster like this are more far reaching than a person might at first realize. What happens to all the businesses and the people who make them their livelihood? Make sure your animals are secure? How secure can they be if you leave them behind? My Wally and LuLu would be right by my side no matter where I go!

I know you've had your hands full at work, and sometimes you just have to put other things aside to protect your sanity. Come home and rest after, get away on the weekends once in a while. No time or inclination to craft. I'm glad, however, that you took the time to share this beautiful card. You always come up with the most gorgeous and inspiring designs. The die cut frame and flowers are incredible, and all set on the subtle background colors and softly patterned paper. Perfect! I'll look forward to your Algonquin photos when you have time to share them. Take care, Pauline!

Karen Dunbrook said...

so elegant, love that framed die and the way you highlighted it with those lovely flowers.
Hope you are safe and dry.
x Karen

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh my you sure do have the weather issues and flooding is always horrible. Glad you are safe, keep that way. Work trips are always interesting but never as fun as the vacation ones. Glad you got to see some birds this time around.
Beautiful wedding card, the lattice frame is awesome. Very elegant indeed.

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Pauline, the flooding looks so serious, and I hope things are getting better and that you and Bill will be dry and safe. Sounds like you are so busy at work with your new job. So glad you got away for a long weekend and took some pictures of birds.

Well, this card is such a "wow" that I can hardly contain myself with the details of its intricacy! It's like lovely lace, and your flowers are absolutely exquisite and such beautiful colors!! What a very special wedding card!! Hugs, sweet friend, and be safe and stay well! xoxo

Tracy said...

Flood waters are so very devastating. Stay safe. The card is another example of your supreme talent Pauline. So elegant and classy.