Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Nimble musicians of the air

Hello everyone!  First I would like to say thank you or the wonderful comments made on my previous post. I thoroughly enjoy working with Penny Black brush stroke images. It takes a bit of time but the outcome is fabulous.  I just wish you could see the card in real.  I hope to have some more in the near future to share.

Today's card is a digital image from Sassy Cheryl's called Nimble musicians of the air.  She has a huge clearance sale going on right now 75% off.  The sale ends this weekend, it's well worth taking a peak. If you decide to purchase something in the "Classic' section, you can use discount code  CLASSIC75.   My grandson's birthday is coming up and unfortunately we won't be able to get up to see him, so we were there today and I took his gift along with this card.

Now, I must tell you, he is taking a liking to nature/birding- has a camera, Papa Bill (hubby) bought him a pair of binoculars and a beginners guide to birding.  He loves it!! I think he is going to take after his Papa!


So, when I saw this image I thought of Ethan right away.  I didn't have much time to get this card done, so after resizing and printing, I used copics to colour and prismacolour pencils for the grass.

The scallop edging is a die set from MFT - stitched cloud edges and the sun is from MFT (die & stamp set called Things with wings. I sponged some PTI aqua mist on the cloud edges to make it stand out a bit against the background paper which is from MME - fine and dandy - true blue.  I stamped the sun on a piece of scrap yellow gingham paper. The sentiment is also in the same MFT set and I stamped this in black versafine.

I don't make many kids cards, but I really enjoyed making this one.

Thanks for your visit.  Have yourself a happy day!

Pauline

7 comments:

Tracy said...

So cute! The colors you've used are some of my faves. Great job with the Copics and the fun card design. Hugs!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my this is stunning!! What a fabulous creation... I love the colours, the design and your fabulous colouring! I need to pin this!

Leslie Miller said...

Well, I'd be happy to see your PB card or any of your cards in real. As amazing as they are in the photos, they must be spectacular up close and personal! And just look at what you've created today! You do these cute colored images as beautifully as anything else, and you know I love a cute colored image. How perfect this is for your grandson! Bill has been a good influence. Can't beat that 75% off! One of the nice things about digis is how inexpensive they are, which is especially appealing if you're not going to use it a lot. I mean, you couldn't buy a card for this price, and no store bought card would ever be this cute! Love the cloud die cut edge with the cloud paper in the background. Adorable!

Kerri said...

Love your card it is GORGEOUS!!

lostinpaper said...

Oh what a cutie pie!

Stacy Morgan said...

I had bought several myself right before the sale and so glad I did. This one I need to get because you did a super cute job. What a darling idea with the cloud topper and your colors are perfect. Adorable!

CherylQuilts said...

I saw some many of the classics were on sale, but I have some I've not yet used. Sort of wish I had, because I love the classic ones over the new ones. But you made a darling card with this fella, and it is perfect for your grandson. Nothing like keeping birding in the family, eh? Hugs!