Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Vintage Easter Egg #2

Good morning and Happy Easter to all!

Today, I'm back to share another Easter card I made using Power Poppy's Vintage Easter Egg.



Being that this is a digital image, I was able to shrink the image to make it the size I needed. After printing it off, I coloured using copic markers.  Sorry, I did not keep a list of colours as this was done a couple of weeks ago, and I was working on a couple of cards at the same time.

I used spellbinders circle, and circle blossom to cut our the image and layer underneath.  Dark purple flag end is a die from Simon Says, and the larger flag end is cut using a die from Justrite.

Paper is by Prima - butterfly collection.  I've had this paper pack for a while, just have a hard time using it because it is so pretty.  Love the wood grain paper and all the soft delicate details papers as well in this pack.

To finish off I added some white seam binding ribbon, sequins, wink of stella clear pen, and a Studio Calico wooden butterfly, in which I added a layer of glitter to it using the wink of stella pen.  It just gives it a bit of sparkle.

Well that's it for today.  Wishing you a wonderful Easter.

Pauline


5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Prima makes such beautiful papers and this is one I would tend to hoard, too. Alas, I don't have it, but certainly plenty of others. How pretty this image is with the purples and the wood grain. The design with the flags is beautiful. Flags are always a winner in my book. Love that you added the butterfly, too. An absolutely gorgeous card, Pauline! Happy Easter to you, as well!

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Know what you mean about the papers!! Think all crafters are the same. Such a lovely card. All the colours coordinate perfectly. Well done you.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

Tracy said...

How lovely. The little butterfly is such a sweet touch and a nice balance too. Hugs!

NancyT said...

Happy belated Easter Pauline. What a gorgeous card. Your design is so pretty. Love the flags and of course the beautiful papers. Great idea to add glitter to the wooden butterfly. Oh Pauline, you are so creative. Can't forget to mention your beautiful copic colouring! This is a masterpiece! Some lucky person received a precious card. Hugs

CherylQuilts said...

Ooh, what a beautiful color combination, Pauline, and I love the layout! It's gorgeous with your yummy ribbons that you make so beautifully!! Hugs!