Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Sending birthday wishes


Hello everyone! Sorry I've been away for a few weeks.  It was our son Mark's wedding this past weekend.  You couldn't of asked for a better day.  Temps around 70, sunny, slight breeze just a gorgeous day.  Everything went perfectly.  It was a nice small wedding very intimate, around 60 guests. Lots of fun,  fabulous food, lots of dancing and drinking of course.  I will share pictures once we go through them.

This card I have today was made about  month ago, and of course I never kept track of what I used.
So I'll try to give you what I can remember! LOL




I started by using a chevron stencil, taped it down onto some kraft card stock(which was precut using a stitched rectangle - Simon Says die) and then applied embossing paste but not over the whole stencil, I left some areas untouched. After removing the stencil, I added gold glitter to the wet paste and let dry.  I then used versamagic to stamp the Penny black stamp around the edges to fill in the bare spots

I used a die to cut a tag from both vellum and cream card stock.  On the cream c/s I embossed a  stamp from Penny Black called Flamboyant using white embossing powder.  I then sponged some distress ink over the tag and then stamped a script background over that. (I think I used second generation stamping for the text).

fFowers are from Justrite - Floral trio One dies.  Sending die is from Simon Says cut using chocolate brown card stock - Birthday wishes is from PTI stamped using memento rich cocoa.

Finished off with some twine wrapped around the top layer.  I then layered everything onto a white bazzill card base.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a wonderful day.
Pauline

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Well, hello! What a beautiful card, Pauline! You did some very crafty, stampy work on this and your efforts were rewarded big time. I'm loving that glittery stenciled background and the white embossed flower with the sponging and script over it. The die cut word is such a pretty script, too. Cute flower accent and nice idea to add the vellum tag, like a shadow behind the first. There is a lot of thoughtful detail here. Your son's wedding sounds like a beautiful day and I'm glad to hear you had such comfortable weather for it. I think 60 guests sounds like quite a lot. I see a new picture of you today. Pretty!

NancyT said...

Welcome back! I love all the different elements to this gorgeous card. The gold glitter ads a beautiful effect along with the vellum background tag. You sure know how to design different cards. Very unique card for a special person.

Tracy said...

I wish my creative mind worked like yours. I love the steps you took to create the background. Every element is just perfect. Hugs!
P.S. So glad the wedding went so well.

CherylQuilts said...

Clearly, I am way behind in commenting! Ha! But I'm so glad to learn your son's wedding was lovely and the weather was wonderful! Truly, this is a gorgeous card, and it really showcases your creativity, Pauline! WOW! I love the card base with the stenciling and glitter along with the Versamark flower. And the tag is stunning with the flowers! Beautifully finished with the "sending" die over the rest of the sentiment! Love it a lot! Hugs, sweet friend!