Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, July 15, 2016

Shade canopy tree

Hello everyone. I hope you had a good week.  It's been a busy week for me.  Last weekend I went  shopping for a dress to wear to our son Mark's wedding in Septemeber.  After trying several on I did manage to buy one.  I can't  believe how expensive they are! Then again anything 'wedding' related  seems to have that higher price tag attached.  Now I just have to find shoes and a clutch.

My card today, is a card I made for Father's Day.  I have since made a few more for a card order I'm working on, and made them as Thank You cards.

I used a Penny Black image called Shade Canopy.


I started with some Canson water colour paper, sponged some tumbled glass distress ink all over then placed it in my MISTI.  I think inked my image using Peeled Paint distress markers, spritz and close the Misti to stamp.  I then added a bit of Forest Moss distress marker and  bit of gathered twigs- spritz and stamp.  I then trimmed it down to the size I wanted, then layered this onto a piece of black card stock. 
I put it back in the MISTI, lined up the  sentiment using the graph guide, then stamped using black versafine. I stamped the sentiment a couple of times to get a nice crisp black image.
I used  a couple of different flag stax dies to make the embellishment in the corner using scrap pieces of designer papers.  Added a pewter stick on brad.

Supplies:
Stamp - Penny Black - shade canopy, PTI -sentiment from Pond Life
ink - black versafine, Distress ink - tumbled glass, distress markers - forest moss, peeled paint & gathered twigs
paper - canson water colour, SU black and Old Olive, scraps of dp
dies - Justrite - stitched A2 banners and rectangles, MFT - flag stax

Thanks for your visit.  Have a wonderful day!

Pauline


4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Pauline! Such a calm and soothing scene and would be wonderful for sympathy as well as for thank you or for any masculine occasion. I love anything nature, though, so it appeals greatly to me, as well. Your MISTI really came in handy for this design. Love this gorgeous stamp!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Pauline! This is GORGEOUS! I love the beautiful sky and this amazing tree! It looks so real and has such a softness. You've really watercolored it perfectly, and I love the sentiment and the nice touch of the flag die with the brad. Leslie is right that this would be great for a masculine card and for many other occasions. It really is so calming. Beautifully done, sweet friend! Hugs!

NancyT said...

Hi Pauline. Another beautiful card. I love the beautiful & peaceful looking sky. The sky colours are amazing. Your tree looks so real. For sure this works well for a masculine card as well as a thinking of you. Very versatile. Not only are you a master at colouring flowers, you sure know how to make nature cards as well!

Tracy said...

Oh wow you got a great effect with the spritzed stamping. That image works really well for guy cards. Very classy. :-)