Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, January 18, 2016

Sunny sunflowers

Hello! I'm just popping in tonight for a quick post.  I received my Papertrey Ink order last week, and just couldn't wait to use my new 'sunflower' die plate. 

Here is the first one:


I cut the sunflower die using  cougar white 100lb card stock.  I attached a die cut - Happy Birthday (Impression Obsession) to the back side of the sunflower frame, then layered this onto a piece of Prima Fairy Flora paper. I added some tea dyed seam binding ribbon and added a little tag with a butterfly epoxy embellishment.  I then layered this onto a piece of SU Kiwi kiss card stock. I added some PTI rain drops here and there and used my wink of stella clear pen to add some glitter to the center of the sunflower.


For my second card:



For my second card I used SU blush blossom for my card base.  Cut another sunflower frame and adhered it to the base. I used the match sunflower stamp - botanical blocks and stamped it on white card stock using blush blossom.  I cut around the edges then layered this onto another piece of white card stock cut slightly larger and edged using my krylon gold pen. My sentiment is from Power Poppy - simply camellias - stamped in grey versafine. To finish I added some gold sequins and a tiny white bow tied using my bow easy. I also used my wink of stella clear pen to add some sparkle to the center of the stamped sunflower.

So there you have it, a couple of easy quick cards - great for when you in a pinch.

Thanks for stopping by, see you again real soon.  I have an Art Impression card to share next.

Pauline

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh wow that cover die is exquisite! Love your paper choices for both cards. Using the matching stamp on the second card looks really cool. Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, that sunflower die is amazing! Of course, you know I'm crazy about dies, anyway, and how you added the "happy birthday" on the first card is way cool. On close up I see the Wink of Stella clearly and it looks awesome. Love the pretty Prima paper in the background and the gorgeous dyed ribbon. Oh, and that butterfly sticker is a fabulous touch. Wow all over! And the second with the matching stamp -- how perfect. I've always been fond of Blush Blossom, find it so useful, and I'm almost out of it. Guess I'm hoarding the last bit. That teensy bow is so cute there in the corner. Two absolutely wonderful and inspiring cards. What a great way to start my day!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Pauline, I've been eyeing this die plate for a while and may just have to give in after seeing these two cards - hehe! You are a temptress!! I love both cards, and I especially love the first one with the beautiful "dreamy" DP you've used and love the dyed ribbon with the little tag and butterfly! I love them both - yum! Hugs!

Stacy Morgan said...

These are awesome... That sunflower die is fabulous. Very pretty Pauline.

NancyT said...

Pauline. I can't believe I didn't see this post earlier. These two versions are beautiful. The different DP and the different layouts make the cards look so different. You are so creative. Always love your finishing touches on your cards. Now off to your current post!

Daria said...

What a wonderful die! You did a great job showing it to advantage with your beautiful cards. TFS.