I think my 'mojo' is slowly coming back. I managed to make another card on Monday when I as off - so that was 2 in two days! This time I'm using the new digital image from Power Poppy called Hellebores.
I couldn't believe how many colour variations this flower has. I know I'll be making more cards using this image.
After downsizing the image to what I needed, I printed then colouried using primsacolour pencils and blended with gamsol. I then cut out the image using a square spellbinder die. I really wasn't sure of the layout and I must say this was not the layout I had in mind at the beginning. But you know how that goes right?.
After going through numerous paper packs looking for the right colour of dp, I decided on a piece from MME - In bloom. I cut a square frame - using one size smaller die for the inside frame than the die I used for my image. The outside frame I used the smallest die from the Grand Square Nestibilites. I then cut it again from white card stock to give the dp some stability. At first I wasn't going to raise it up I was going to glue flat to the card, but liked the raise effect better, so I cut a another frame from fun foam (love this stuff)! After gluing the dp to the c/s, then to the fun foam I had my frame made. The back layer I did some embossing with a sizzix folder - sorry no name on it.
Your probably wondering why I only embossed it so far down - well let me tell you - lol - I put the 5.25 x 5.25 into the embossing folder - well you know it only goes so far, and I had to make sure the folder and paper would run through my cuttlebug. This sizzix folder is a bit bigger than the normal A2 size, so I couldn't run it though like I normally would. Then I went to put the other edge into the folder and because the folder is longer it would only fit in one way and the the other end of the paper was sticking too far out I was unable to run it through, so I left it. I guess (thinking now as I type this) I could of got out my grand caliber and did it that way. Oh well, I guess it was meant to be - I actually like it.
To finish of I added some enamel dots and glitter to the center of the flowers. I was going to put a sentiment on the front, but I find sometimes in my sale basket if there is a specific sentiment, then it will just sit there until someone needs it, where as if no sentiment it can be used for many occasions.
Okay, well that was a long post today, hope I didn't bore you with all the details. Thanks for your visit. See you again real soon,