Algonquin park

Algonquin park
Sunrise Alqonquin Park

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

From our house to yours

I'm back today to share another Christmas card with you.  This one is so simple - a great card to mass produce, which I I did.  I made 8 of them.



Sorry the picture doesn't make it look very white, but it is.  I started with a 5.5 x 4.25 white card base.
I then taped my Simon Says snowfall stencil over my card, then applied some pearlescent paste about 3/4 of the way down the card.  Set this aside and let dry - this doesn't take very long about 15 -20 min.

While waiting to dry I cut a piece of white c/s 5.5 x 2 3/4.  Using the row of house die I placed it close to the top on the left side and brought the right side down to form a hill, then ran this through my big shot. I then cut a strip about 1/2 x 5.5, applied a piece of score tape 1/4" wide along one edge of the strip.  Took the backing off and then applied some crystal glitter ritz. I then adhered the top part of the strip to the back of my winter scene piece.  I embossed the sentiment using detailed platinum embossing powder.

Using my quickie glue pen, I coloured the row of houses and then added some glitter ritz to give them a sparkle. I then applied some foam tape to the back of this piece and popped it up on my card front. Viola! done. This is so sparkly and pretty in real life. I noticed I have a smudge mark by the sentiment - hmmm oh well this is just my sample that I keep for future reference.

Supplies:
Stamps - PTI - Love lives here : holiday
Die - Impression Obsession # DIE118-H
Paper - cougar 110 lb white
Misc - Simon Says snowfall stencil, dreamweaver pearlescent embossing paste, crystal glitter ritz, PSX platinum embossing powder, versamark, score tape 1/4", quickie glue pen

Thanks for the visit, have a wonderful day,

Pauline



4 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful, Pauline! The gold and the glitter and the lovely sentiment -- and you did eight of them! I'm so not good at multiples. I love the die cut. So serene and peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy your white on white abilities. That particular talent escapes me. Beautifully done Pauline. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are cute and make a great mass produced card. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pauline, this card is gorgeous! I love white on white and I think you've done an exceptional job with this one. Beautiful!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete