Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Retirement card

I can't believe how fast these past few weeks have flown by. I meant to post last week but was just too busy trying to get card orders done, working, etc.. well you know how it goes.

My card today is a Retirement card I made for one of my co-workers.  When she announced her retirement her boss came and asked me if I would consider making a card for the department to sign, so of course I agreed to.  I wanted something with flowers and of course it had to have a butterfly somewhere on it - this is what I came up with.



I wanted to use this designer paper (not sure of the name of it) so basically just matched of some card stock for the base card and then went from there with adding the flowers (most of the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts in the UK)
The die set I used is Spellbinders - Radiant Rectangles - love this set, the cut work is gorgeous!

Once it was all together I finished it with some teal ribbon (2 colours) for the bow, pearls and a wooded butterfly from Studio Calico.  I used my wink of stella clear brush to add some subtle glitter to the flowers.  I love  how this turned out - it took a while, like 4 hours, I just wanted to make sure it was perfect - especially since the whole dept. was signing it. Sometimes I put too much pressure on myself!

So there you have it - my Retirement card. (and by the way, everyone loved it :)). Finished card size 5 x 7.

Enjoy your day!

Pauline


3 comments:

Tracy said...

I don't think you even needed to tell us they loved it. That was a given. It's gorgeous Pauline. I wish I knew how to look at those SB dies like you do Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Ooooh, those papers are gorgeous and I just love the colors! A fabulous floral arrangement. You're so good with the flowers. She's going to keep this card forever and ever. I sure hope you photographed some of those other cards you made 'cause I just love it when you stamp!

Katie Sims said...

And I love it too! That die looks absolutely made for your beautiful bunch of flowers! The sweet butterfly perched atop your card and that dreamy bow make this card a show stopper for sure!! :)