Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Time to give thanks

Hello everyone.  I hope your enjoying your weekend.  This is our Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, and what better way to celebrate than to say Thanks to all my followers.  Without you, I wouldn't be posting, it's comments and visits to my blog that keep me going. So a big Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!

The weather was perfect today to get all the yard work done before winter (did I really say that word!) - patio furniture put away, flowers pots cleaned out, grass cut etc. Then I made a big pot of vegetable soup - simply delicious.  I love making homemade soups.

And of course I have a card to share with you as well.  I made this back in August for my sale basket and it was scooped up in no time.

I don't remember all the colours I used, I never kept track, but I stamped the image on cream card stock using brown memento  and coloured with copics.



I then cut the image out using the Justrite vintage labels three,  I also stamped the sentiment on a piece of green c/s and used the vintage labels three to cut this out as well. I then layered this onto a piece of terra-cotta card stock cut out using Spellbinders decorative labels twenty-eight, which was first stamped with a  flourish using versamark.  The background paper is from Bo-Bunny.  I layered this onto a piece of cream c/s, wrapped some twine around it several times then tied off in the front. My base card is chocolate brown.   To finish off I added some Bella glitter dots to the corners.

Supplies:
stamp - Justrite - Autumn vintage labels three
Ink - black memento,brown memento,versamark,  copics
dies- Justrite vintage labels three, spellbinders - decorative labels twenty-eight
paper - Bo Bunny, terra-cotta, cream, green, chocolate brown
Misc - twine, Stamping Bella dots

Well that's about it for me for today.  I'm off to have a bowl of that delicious soup!
Thanks for the visit - up next a Christmas card.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends,

Pauline

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Now why in the world would they scoop this card up so fast? Duh...because it's gorgeous! You shouldn't be surprised and I bet you have a hard time keeping anything in that basket. Lots of wonderful layers and autumn colors. Enjoy your soup and the rest of your weekend! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Well, of course it was scooped up! It's gorgeous! The beauty of your cards always leaves me in awe. A beautiful stamp, wonderful warm colors and coloring, and the perfect design. I like those corner dots. Looks like wood or cork, perhaps. They're just the thing for your card. The twine is perfect, too. When do you ever make a card that's not perfect?

Leslie Miller said...

Pauline, I really meant to say happy Thanksgiving weekend, too. It sounds like it was a perfect day. Our weather has been gorgeous here, as well, and I had such a nice day in and out, here and there. Very relaxing. I made soup, too. Beef noodle. There is rain in the forecast, so I hope to do some of that garden clean up tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

I would be so pleased to receive this gorgeous card. Hope you had a really great weekend.

Much love,

Shirley T.xxx

Stacy Morgan said...

Happy late Thanksgiving (catching up hee hee) beautiful fall wreath, love the dies you used for frames. Beautiful card for fall!