Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Poinsettia

Hi everyone.  I'm back today to share another Christmas card with you.  I received my new stamp set from Power poppy and it just was screaming to be inked.  So...... this is what I did.....
I'm using the new set called Poinsettia stamp set.  I'm going to enter it into this weeks Power poppy - Peep of the Week contest.



I stamped the image using memento toffee on 110 lb white cougar c/s.  Image was coloured using copics.  I then cut it out using the spellbinder ovals, and layered this onto a piece of Soft Sky which was cut using spellbinder elegant ovals.

Background paper is from Authentique - Glistening.  I used one of the edges from the spellbinder A2 bracket borders one to cut the bottom edge, and did the same on a piece of soft sky.  I then cut the bottom front edge of my white card base using 2 of the edges from the same set.

Finished off adding crystal glitter to the berries, pink silk bow, clear rhinestone, and some crushed glass glitter for the center of the poinsettia.  

Oh and of course across the top of the card, I thought it looked a bit plain, so I added a strip of peel off's.  Hind site - I should of edged the poinsettia oval using my gold krylon pen.  Next time I guess! 

supplies:
Stamp - Power poppy - poinsettia
dies - spellbinder - oval, elegant oval, A2 bracket borders one
paper - 110 lb cougar white, SU soft sky, Authentique - glistening
misc- Stampendous - champagne crushed glass glitter, crystal glitter, pink silk ribbon, rhinestone, peel off.

Thanks for stopping by, till next time...... another power poppy card to share.

Pauline

10 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

GAH...gorgeous Pauline! Your colouring on that poinsettia is amazing. I love it in the creams! Stunning design! Thanks so much for such a lovely card this week at Power Poppy!

Tracy said...

I can't stop looking at it...ummm I mean drooling over it. This is absolutely exquisite Pauline. I want to copy this card so bad but I'd never be able to touch it. I sure hope you have someone special in mind for this one. I can't imagine you not getting picked for Peep of the Week. Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us. Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Have mercy! Now that I've seen this I can die happy, not that I have any plans, of course. I had to laugh that you said it looked kind of plain... get serious! I mean, I really really love the gold border you added -- it's such an awesome touch -- but there is nothing plain about this beauty, with or without the gold border. Pauline, I'm literally just sitting here shaking my head in stunned amazement.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Wow, Wow, Wow!! This is stunning Pauline!! I LOVE the rich creamy colors on the poinsettia with the sparkly pink and green accented images! And your framing with the diecut border is gorgeous!

Karen W said...

I saw this on the PP blog, wow it's so pretty. I love your colors and dies with the image also.

Leslie said...

So soft and so pretty Pauline...you are the Queen of elegant cards!! This card is a winner for sure!

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

WOW what a stunning card. Feel sorry for all the others who enter the competition - they don't stand a chance!!! Good luck anyway.

Much love,

Shirley T. (U.K.) xxx

Katie Sims said...

I'll see Leslie's "have mercy" and raise you a "Oh my Word"!! Pauline, this truly is something special. Your coloring is perfection and I LOVE the poinsettia in cream....I think this may be my new favorite card I've seen you do....and I have seen plenty of beauties on your blog! I hope you are doing well! Big hugs....

Stacy Morgan said...

GASP!!! Be still my heart Pauline! Oh the softness of this is outstanding. Your lattice like edge is awesome (just tried this the other day after I saw leslie's) and the poinsettia is colored gorgeously! This is AWESOME!!!!

Beccy said...

Wow, your card is absolutely beautiful Pauline! I love the poinsettia image you used and I think you've done a brilliant job colouring it in. Stamping it in the lovely, warm toffee colour has really made all the difference I think. Gorgeous!
Cheers,
Beccy