Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

New rubbah in the house!

Woohoo, gotta love when you get a package of new rubbah! It arrived on Friday, but I had a busy weekend, and never got a chance to dive into it until tonight.

It seems like I'm hitting a mental block lately, time to change things up a bit, so instead of colouring I thought I would do some old fashion stamping.

I'm using a new image from Emily's latest release called Grandma's Gramaphone by new artist Rheea.




I started by stamping the image on watercolour paper using Archival Ink Sepia.  I then added distress inks - antique linen, frayed burlap, vintage photo, walnut stain, then spritzed with water.  It looked to plain, so I did some stamping on the image using Eclectric mini bubble, mesh and french script with frayed burlap. I then spritzed some water over that - love the look of the water dropplets when it dries.

Designer paper used is some Cosmo Cricket from 2006 - I can't believe I've had this that long! I add some vintage photo and walnut stain around the edges. Finished off with some Bella dots.

It was not what I an visioned when I started, but I think it turned out okay.

Just a reminder for our challenge this week,- it's all about the girls - that's right colour  up one of your favourite girl images, email your card to Emily by thursday night.

Thanks for stopping by, see you again soon....

2 comments:

Carla Murphy said...

whooohoo!! This is drop dead gorgeous!! Love the waterdroplets as well. Beautiful job Pauline.

Kerri said...

love it!!! the colours are great!!!thks for sharing