Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, November 13, 2011

White as Snow

No we don't have snow yet,( and hopefully not for a while)  but the winds out there today do sound pretty cold - haven't stepped out yet, too early and it's still dark.

There is something about all white cards that I love.  I think it's the clean, fresh, cripsness of the white that becomes striking.

I have a couple of cards to share with you today.  I used a new embossing folder I bought at Paper Pickle a  couple of weeks ago. It's by Crafts Too. Very similar to the cuttlebug embossing folders.


The ornaments I used for these cards are from Justrite stamps (which you can order from Kim at Paper Pickle) and I cut them out using the Spellbinders 2011 Heirloom Ornament dies.  After embossing the ornaments with the folder,  I layered it onto a piece of goldleaf c/s, then onto my white card base. You might have to click on the photo to get a better view of the embossing folder detail.

The ornaments were embossed with gold embossing powder.  I added a rhinestone on each of them, then finished them off with some narrow gold shiffon ribbon.
These were very fast - a great card to mass produce- which I need to make more of!

That's it for today.  If you live in the Chatham area, don't forget to stop in at the Paper Pickle for their Christmas Open house.  Lots of bargins, make and takes and if you have a sweet tooth (like I do!) well let me tell you, you are in for a real treat- lots of squares and goodies to sample.  I will be there, hope to see you there as well. It's from 12- 4.

Back tomorrow with another Christmas card!  Enjoy your day.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Stunning! Absolutely GORGEOUS!!

Dana White said...

Pauline these are stunning!!

Kerri Boucher said...

Beautiful..very simlpy and very striking..thks for sharing