Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Mixed Media and a card

I tried something new tonight- I attended Lindabella's Mixed Media class at Paper Pickle.  I've never done this before, just don't have the imagination to pull it all together.  So with some excellent direction from Linda, I managed to do a canvas piece - it wasn't as hard as I thought.  Nice thing about it is if you don't like something you painted on your canvas, just cover it with some gesso and start over - easy as that.
So here is my masterpiece.  I'm pretty proud of this, it will hang in my little 'studio'!

Now onto my card. It's not done in my 'comfort' colours - I very seldom use yellow - well bright yellow that is.  But it's a cute card.  I coloured up snowfight - a Christy Croll image from Stamping Bella.






I coloured the image with prismacolour pencils after stamping her on bella's bestest paper. Designer paper is by Cosmo Cricket - Jolly by Golly. I used some neglected s/binder dies to cut the image out.  I used let it snow sentiment as well.

Finished off with lots of glitter, white flock on all fur trim, and some dark pink satin ribbon.

Just a reminder about our challenge this week.  It's a Holiday/Christmas card.
We would love for you to play along with us.

Thanks for stopping by,
Pauline

7 comments:

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Hey Pauline..... I did Linda's class as well and loved loved loved it! My little canvas turned out quite nice too. Thinking now of a Christmas theme trio with the canvas.... Your card is lovely as usual......

Kerri Boucher said...

both of your projects are great...love'em and thks for sharing..

Dana White said...

I am sooooo jealous that you did this stunning art journalling - I so love the concepts but have not one to "guide" me. If I was still in Toronto I know Em would have me hooked
Snowfight is super cute too!!

Crafty Cath said...

I'm with Dana - just a little jealous 'cuz I love the concept and the beautiful creations you girls make with mixed media but I feel like a bumbling idiot trying to figure it out on my own. You should be darn proud of your canvas - it's gorgeous. Speaks from the heart and that's what we use most when we create!

paula said...

Man, that canvas is STUNNING! And your colors for the card fit so well with the little girl. I know it's hard to not go for tradional, but it's fun!

LindaH said...

YAY....I was so proud of all my 'students'.

Ebru Vatansever said...

This is one awesome looking canvas, you are a natural girlfriend !!! I want to see more more more :o)