Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Just a Note

I was asked to do some note cards for a friend.  She wanted something simple and not a lot of 'schtuff' on it.
So... I pulled out Dandelion bunches to use. I had a couple of ideas as to what to do with this image- emboss, chalk, but I decided just to go the simple routine, and colour on the stamp with markers and stamp!

Stamped the image on bella's bestest white paper using a couple of pink/rose tone markers and a green for the stems.  Cut it out using a circle s/binder die, sponged some distress tumbled glass around the image, then layered this onto another piece of white c/s cut using the Floral doily motif. Paper I think is Basic Grey - again, another scrap piece from my scrap basket. Since she wanted these for note cards, I used the 'just a note' stamp from this set called billboardabellas words only. I like this little sayings, and love the size - nice for small areas.
For the glitter I used Glitter Ritz warm highlights. This glitter is so micro fine, and so sparkly. I applied it using a quickie pen.  I also added some pearls around the doily motif. Then just some aqua ribbon to finish it off.

Back on friday for our challenge card. Which reminds me I haven't even started mine - how about you? You still have time, so I invite you to play along.  Just add some Metal to your card and that will qualify you to enter the challenge.  Email Emily your card by thursday night.

Pauline

2 comments:

Ebru Vatansever said...

Just simply beautiful Pauline. Love the softness of the colours !!

Dana White said...

OK you use the best nesties for you layers - love this card it's gorgeous!!