Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Backyard pictures

It's turning out to be a gloomy afternoon here, calling for severe thunderstorms tonight, so thought I would take a couple of pictures of my backyard since we didn't have any sun.

the first one is a picture through my craft room window - today we discovered we had a baby cardinal in our backyard and mom and dad aren't too far away.
I so wish I could just pick her up and hold her. Kind of blurry, probably because it was taken through the window and screen, but non the less she is cute!


the next picture is of our backyard.  Our flower garden goes 3/4 of the way around the back perimeter in front of a row of cedars.  I love the tall grasses, they have bloomed beautiful this year.  This is our second year for the garden, can't wait to see what next year brings.


and last how about these beauties! Don't they look delicious. Just picked this morning. Can't wait to taste them.


enjoy the rest of your weekend. Thanks for stopping by

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your garden looks lovely and the tomatoes delish! had a toasted tomato sandwich myself today. Nothing like fresh from the garden! Enjoy your weekend! :)