Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Much needed relief...

We are in much needed relief from this heat wave we are having here.  It was 108 yesterday and on thursday it is suppose to reach 117 with the humidex factor!
It looks like we won't see any relief until early next week.  It's just to hot to even be outside, and I'm just itching to go for a bike ride on my new bike! Yup, Bill and I got new bikes on Monday. So excited.  I try to do an hour of walking every day, but thought I would alternate with the bike riding.  And I must say, I look nothing like this bella.. I-wish-I-looked-so-good-on-a-bike-abella.

Isn't she cute, especially with her pooch in the basket!  As usual I stamped her on bella's bestest paper and coloured with primsacolour pencils.  Border punch is EK success, and DP is Basic Grey Pheobe.  As I was looking for a bit of bling to put on her flower in her hair, I came across a pkg of clear flower epoxy stick-ons, which worked perfectly on the center of the wheels - so cute! Finished it off with some brown seam binding ribbon.

There is still time to participate in this fridays challenge.  It's a sketch - circle or square - you decide.  Email your card to Emily by thursday night - you could win some bella bucks!
Enjoy your day,
Pauline

2 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Darling card, Pauline! And I hear ya' on the heat.... AND I had to shut the central air off this morning because the fan isn't working! :(

Carla Murphy said...

This is gorgeous!!