Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Somthing Sweet

Now your probably thinking something sweet to eat right? well as much as I love sweets - I have a very sweet tooth, today's sweetness is a card!

Yesterday, Lindabella and myself went over to visit Paulabella and her BFF Mary for some just down time, to chat and get creative.  So while Linda and Paula were working on their canvas projects I colored.  Now I must say I don't think I could ever do a canvas, I just don't have the imagination they do. I'm sure they will post their completed project so be sure to check out their blogs in the next few days.  They will WOW you!

So for my card today, I coloured up Is that a cupcake on your head? This is a sweet image by Christy Croll.


I stamped her on bella's bestest paper using black memento ink.  Coloured her with my prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol (OMS). The image has a frame around it which I wasn't fussy on so cut around the image and layered it on a piece of white c/s.  Next layer is a piece of chocolate brown cut with the lacey square s/binder die. The lacey scallop border was punched using an EK Success border punch called Abstract Flower. DP is from DCWV called The Sweet Pack, lots of scrumptious papers, all glittery and fun.
For the last layer I embossed the chocolate brown c/s using the swiss dot embossing folder.  Finished with some glitter, a piece of turquoise seam binding a button, and some stitching. I didn't realize until after I had the card all done there is a sentiment that comes with this image and it says: You're so Sweet. I think I will stamp that on the inside. Finished card size 5 x 5.

I'll be back tomorrow with another card I coloured up at Paula's.

See you then and thanks for dropping by.
Pauline

2 comments:

Dana White said...

Pauline this is so cute - I don't have this image (can you believe that?!?!) I love the ideas of the canvas too, but I don't think I can do it!

Jessica Diedrich said...

HOW FUN you guys got to get together! I sure hope I get to meet you all one day! I am actually headed out tonight to try supplies for the canvas stuff-let's be brave and try one together!!!!