Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Bouquet of Shamrocks

First of all, must say I am so tired of winter.  Yesterday it rained all day, which basically got rid of all the snow we had, (yay!) we even had green grass! and then it snowed last night, now I'm not talking just a dusting of snow, I mean snow.  We must of got at least 3-4" but there is a lot of drifting around our house, so digging out again today!

Okay on with my card today.  With St. Patrick's day coming up soon, I've been asked by a couple of co-workers for some St. Patty's day cards.  I remembered I had this digital image from Waltzing Mouse Stamps.  What I like about digital is that you can make them any size you want!


So I printed this off onto some Papertrey card stock and coloured with Copics.
Used my labels # 9 s/binder die  to cut it out, left the die in place and sponged some wheat versamagic ink around image. Then cut a fancy tag using the s/binder die and cut it in half, and glued each end of the tag to either side of the image. DP is from Basic Grey .  Added 4 gold brads and glitter.  And there you have it a beautiful bouquet of shamrocks!

Enjoy your day today, see you again soon,

Pauline

4 comments:

Gabriela said...

Pauline - your shamrocks are fantastic! What marvelous coloring and Spellbinders work.

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Ahhh...yes St. PADDY'S day is just around the corner... I do love celebrating that day. Your papers are terrific and so is that image. I have not tried digi images as yet ...hmmmm something to think about.

Carla Murphy said...

Love this Pauline, your colours are perfect! We had the exact same thing here - poured all day yesterday and then a huge dumping of snow. Yup, I'm ready for this to be over too!

Crafty Cath said...

Wow this is gorgeous! The shamrocks just jump off the page at you. Awesome card. I hear ya about the weather, We're getting your rain from yesterday. It's been cold and yucky all day. Does that mean I have snow to look forward to tomorrow? Hope not. I'm ready for green and spring!