Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

SweetPea

Seems like forevah since I posted, so thought I was due for one.  I'm using a stamp set I've had for quite a while from There She Goes  called Sweetpea.   I just love how this turned out.  This is my second take, the first one I colored  a completely different color, just couldn't seem to make it work, so pitched it and did this one.


I stamped the image with Black Memento and colored with Copics.  I don't use my copics as often as I should, I find I have  better control on the blending/shading  with pencils.  Anyhoo, Copic colors I used are R000, R00, R20, R21, R22, YG03, and shaded a bit with Prismacolor pencil - Carmine Red #926.
I haven't used my Labels 10 Nesties yet, so pulled them out for this card.  After cutting I left the die on and  sponged antique linen around image as well as on the second layer.  Pattern paper is from Basic Grey- Green at Heart.  Ribbon is from Papertrey- I love their ribbons! Finished off by stitching around the layers, popped up the image using deminsionals, added glitter to the flowers.  The scallop part of the die looked bare so added pearls.  So what do you think, do you like it?

 Well it's getting late and morining comes early. I'll be back on friday to share with you my last entry for the Stamping Bella DT challenge.  I can't wait to show you - I love it! (grin!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful delicate looking card! Your colouring and colour matching is wonderful! Can I get a couple of these cards?

Dana White said...

I was eyeing this set the other day! What a gorgeous card love how you layered the nesties

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Simply gorgeous....love everything about it...colours, layout, ribbon and pearls...absolutely perfect! I may have to case this card.

Carla Murphy said...

Hey - love how you sponged both layers of the nestie - that's gorgeous! Beautiful job on the colouring too. And how the heck to you get your bow so perfect?!

CraftyViolet said...

Great card and I would vote for you in the Bella challenge!!!!