Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, August 6, 2010

Mavis has a Daisy


Hi Everyone... Today I want to share with you a card I did for Stamping Bella's DT Challenge.  Did you know Emily is looking for another "Babe" to join her team? The challenge this week is Paper Piecing. So without further ado here is Mavis:


What do you think? Isn't she cute? I stamped her in Black Memento and colored her with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol.  The paper I used for the card and to piece her dress and flower in her hair is by My Minds Eye - Pretty Please line.  I love this paper, so soft and such pretty colors.  I finished her off by adding glitter to her flower and some clear baubles.

So glad today is Friday, because tomorrow I'm heading to Novi MI, for the Heirloom Stamping Convention.  I'm going with my BFF Lynn, Linda, Kathy, Paula and Mary. Oh what fun we will have.  No plans to buy anything in particular but I'm sure I will come home with lots.

Have a great weekend everyone!

14 comments:

LindaH said...

soooooooo sooooooooooo CUTE! cannot wait to see you tomorrow and see little Mavis up close and personal!

Carla Murphy said...

Love this little creation! Can't believe you even paper pieced the flower in her hair. Colouring is beautiful and I love your layout.
Have fun in Novi!

Anonymous said...

Mavis is beautiful Pauline! nice work!

Mary Frances said...

OH Wow!! I'm doing a happy dance - you started a Blog!! Yipee :) Your cards are so beautiful Pauline and this one is no exception. I Love how you dressed little Mavis. Can't wait to see you tomorrow. Big Hugs.....

Anonymous said...

Glad that you decided to start a blog! Your card is adorable. TFS!

Crafty Cath said...

So glad to see that you've started a blog. I've always enjoyed viewing your cards on the Bella Blog and look forward to getting a better glimpse here! Little Mavis looks adorable. Love the layout!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

another fab card Pauline.......you definitely have my vote!!! You are truly Babe Worthy!

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's nice to see that you made it to "Blogland"! Omg! I just commented on your "Big Guy" card over in SCS's last weekend making mention that you should have a blog up and running simply because you have sooooooooo much talent and inspiration to share!! Now "poof" here you are!!! Your Mavis is super adorable, loving the soft dp and your colouring is perfect! You definitely would be a great addition to the "Babe Team"! Fingers are crossed and so glad that I peeked into your closet! :D Tracy

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the blog!! I am sure it will be visited regularly! The Mavis card is darling!

Anonymous said...

she's adorable! lovely coloring and love your card design w/the pattern papers.
Pam Going Postal

Tricia T said...

So you're the one that made that adorable Mavis card! I saw it in the Bellariffic Friday lineup and just loved it! Thanks for sharing!

Cindy H. said...

This card is just darling and I love your beautiful coloring!! BTW, Paula sent me here :) tfs

Meahni Pieterse said...

This is just adorable, love the colours and I am SO pleased to see someone who uses prisma pencils and not copics, lol!!

Cherie said...

Oh, she is just too darn cute! The colors are great and Mavis is just too precious! TFS!