Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Sending you Sunshine...

on a cloudy day!  Isn't that how the song goes?  Well it's anything but cloudy here these past few days, actually it is very muggy and hot here this weekend and even worse tomorrow.  Currently at 7:22pm it is 91F - there is a air quality advisory out for tomorrow as temperatures surge over 100F. But a bit cooler  - well back to normal temps for the rest of the week.

For my card today I did something a bit different.  I pulled out my Magenta Nuance powders and played with them.  I finished one card and started another.  Here is my first finished card:


Again, the camera does not do this justice.  The yellow c/s under the flowers is a very soft yet pretty yellow, the camera makes this kind of washed out :(. 

So how did I do this you ask? well let me tell you.  I started by white embossing my flower image from WPlus9 called Kind Soul onto some Canson 140lb watercolour paper.  I then dropped powder from the pinhole cap on each of the colours, strategically placing the colours as to where they should be - at least for the most part.  I then took my fine mist sprayer bottle and mist with water, tilting the paper to let the inks run.  I then took my heat gun to speed the drying process.  I went back in a painted the leaves with some green ink just because too many were not green, not that that really matters.  I really liked it at that point, but thought the edges around the flowers were too heavy in colour, I wanted more of a light wash, so..... I decided to trim away the bottom side of the flowers as it was darker than the top,  which made it kind of hard to tell where the flowers where.

I cut out the flower panel using a stitched rectangle from MFT, then added some fun foam to the back side and popped it up on the yellow c/s.  I stamped the sentiment (Papertrey Ink - Corner Adorner February) using my Misti and black memento ink. To finish off I added some sequins.

I was happy how this turned out.  Now just need to finish my other card.  The colours are pretty much the same, so I'll see what I can come up with as far as a layout.

I appreciate your visit, enjoy the rest of your day!

Pauline

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - Just happened across your blog and thought your weather sounded familiar...I'm in London, ON...where are you? Am enjoying your blog! Kara

Pauline said...

Hi Kara, I'm in Chatham. Thank you for commenting on my post.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word, that heat! I couldn't bear it. I'd have to be indoors with air conditioning, which we don't have in our house because it rarely gets that hot here. When it gets more than 80 degrees I become nonfunctional. Come to think of it, now that we have the trailer I could turn its air conditioner on and sit out there and color. Hmmmm... Anyway, your card! It blows me away!! Unbelievably beautiful! Reading how you did it -- wow! The flowers look like they're on vellum, rather than WC paper. You did incredible work with those powders. And such a beautiful stamp! The way you trimmed the lower edge adds a fantastic design element. This is completely amazing, Pauline. I'll just sit here and stare at it for a while... sigh...

Stacy Morgan said...

These blooms are vibrant and beautiful. I like that you cut around the blooms and popped them up, that is such a cool touch. Beautiful!