Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, December 22, 2017

Happy holidays from James & snowman

Good morning everyone! 3 more days till Christmas, it's hard to believe how fast December has gone.
Are you ready? I only have baking and groceries to do, so since I'm off today I think I will get started on the baking.

I still have a couple of Christmas cards to share.  I think this is one of my favourite  cards I made this season. I'm using LOTV - James - Snowman stamp. 



I used prismacolour pencils to colour. I cut it down to fit behind a red square frame cut from MFT stitched square frame dies.  Stripe paper is from my scrap bin, and the paper in behind is from Memory Box.

To finish off I added some white fun flock to the bears hat, TH rock glitter to the ground then went back in and added some Twinklets Diamond Dust in spots along the ground. I wanted to add a sentiment, tried different ways and ended up using a flag end wood veneer from Studio Calico. I stamped a sentiment from Power Poppys Simple Joy set - merry christmas - in black versafine. I then added a small veneer bird on top.   Used my wink of stella pen on both pieces of veneer to give it a bit of sparkle. Love it!  I didn't want to give this one away just yet, so made another for my basket.

Wishing you a wonderful day! See you back here soon,

Pauline

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

All your cards are "one of my favorites"! They're such a joy to look at. This one is truly adorable. LOTV has such darling images. Love that little veneer sentiment banner and bird and, oh, the fun flock and glitter! I'm always happy to see designer paper in use, too. You do such a good job with it. You make me want to get back to coloring, but first I'm getting ahead with some quick cards. I did big grocery shopping yesterday, finished up some stocking stuffers today, will bake cookies tomorrow. Had friends over last night. It goes on and on. Enjoy yourself, Pauline, and have a very merry Christmas!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Absolutely darling and beautiful card, I too adore the LOTV images, you can't help but smile when you look at them, especially in lovely cards like this one Pauline, your coloring truly brings this sweet, frosty friends to life.
Love too the DSP, I always have a hard time mixing and matching patterns and colors, your cards are always an amazing and beautiful teaching tool.
Have Merry Christmas and an awesome 2018.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Tracy said...

James has always been a fave of mine. I wish my pencil coloring looked as vibrant as yours. Merry Christmas!

CherylQuilts said...

Me too! James is such a favorite of mine, and I love this stamp (and have it). This is so sweet, and what beautiful colors and great design!! Hugs!