Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Elegance in Motion

Good morning everyone, just in from my early morning run.  I have been walking for a couple of years now every morning (well almost) for about 1/2 hour, but the last month or so I've turned my walk into a light jog.  I have been doing 1.5 - 1.75 mile run daily.  It's a killer some days, but I persevere through it.  As much as I dread when the alarm goes off at 5:10 am, when I'm done my run I feel so much better that I did do it.

Okay, enough of that on with my card.  I'm using Penny Blacks - Elegance in Motion. 




I started by white embossing the image into some canson water colour 140lb paper.  I then coloured with my Zig Clean colour markers.  After it was dry, I went around the outside edges with a light hand using distress linen ink.

For the "you', it is die cut 3 times.  I left one of the 'you's in the card stock and before removing it I coloured using the Zig's in colours of  yellow and oranges, to give it a ombre look.  I then glued the 3 together for some dimension. 

To finish I added my wink of stella clear glitter pen to the petals.

This was a fun card to make, I really should make a few more but in different colours.  The Zig's water colour so nicely on this paper.

Have a wonderful day, whatever it holds.  See you soon,

Pauline

Note: new picture at the top.  This was taken when we were up at Algonquin Provincial Park last month.  Bill was able to capture these Lincoln sparrows together.  This was a treat for us to see these Lincoln's as we have not seen them before. Love the lichen on the tree. Beautiful composition!!


5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh! You make me want to throw away every mess I made the last couple of days and start over. This is gorgeous!!! The stamp, the exquisite watercoloring, the ombre "you" -- all completely amazing! I absolutely love the simplicity of the design. It's so nice when you have a beautiful image to color and then don't have to do much to enhance it. That's what I'm loving lately. I'm swooning over this! Love the new photo, too. Those are the prettiest little sparrows. The most colorful sparrows we get here are the Fox sparrows and in the winter the Golden Crowned sparrows. These little Lincoln's are super cute! Keep on with that run. I would not want to have to do it that early before work. Coffee first! When we take the dogs out for their evening sniffy walk I sometimes run with LuLu and it feels good. We go at the show dog pace so it doesn't impact my knees too much. LuLu loves it, but poor Wally gets left behind with Rich. Enjoy your day!

NancyT said...

So gorgeous Pauline. The name says it all "Elegance". Your colouring is superb. Love how you did the "you"- so smart and elegant. Also love Bill's sparrow picture. Thanks for sharing.

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Have had internet problems for a while but I did catch-up today. OMG what stunning cards in the last few weeks. Soooo gorgeous - well done you. Hopefully will be back to normal now.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

Tracy said...

The vividness of the colors is stunning. Beautifully done Pauline. This one won't stay in the sale box long.

CherylQuilts said...

WOW! Pauline, this is breathtaking, and I absolutely love it! Chuckled a Leslie's words but feel the same! Stunning watercoloring, and I love the sponged edges and mat! The "you" die is beautiful...definitely a CASE opportunity for me! I love it that much!! Hugs, sweet friend...and keep on walking/jogging!