Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Harvest berries

Good morning.  Just here for a quick post today. 

Today's card is a sympathy card.  Sad to say, but I always seem to run out of them.  I used Papertrey Ink stamps for this - Harvest Berries.



I started by stamping the script (PTI - background basics : text style) along the bottom of my top piece in PTI Limeade ice.  I then stamped the vines in limeade ice & lavender moon inks.  I added the berries using scarlet jewel ink. I used one of the smaller dot stamps and randomly stamped them in limeade ice.  Sentiment is stamped using black versafine.

I used my corner rounder to round the top right corner.  Used some scrap dp for a strip along the left side of my card base and a piece of gold washi tape on top.  I was going to pop the top layer up with some craft foam, but decided to keep it flat - easy for mailing.

Thanks for stopping by, wishing you a wonderful day!

Pauline


4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautiful design for a simple sympathy card! It's restful and sweet and just perfect. I need to make some sympathy cards but just can't seem to get on them. Too many irons in the fire right now. I love how you used the script with this beautiful stamp and lovely colors. The one rounded corner is a nice touch, and good idea to keep it easy to mail. Thanks for the inspiration. I sure need it!

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Sympathy cards are not the easiest of cards to make but this one hits the spot perfectly. Pretty, simple and lovely sentiment.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

CherylQuilts said...

What a beautiful card, Pauline, and I love the colors you've used! Yes, it's sad when we keep needing more sympathy cards. But this will be loved, and I really love the DP and the clever use of washi tape on it. You're right about keeping cards flat. I've been doing more of that myself to keep the bulk and cost down. Thanks for your inspiration! I love it! Have a wonderful day! Hugs!

Tracy said...

Beautiful stamps! That make such a delicate image. Perfect color choices. :-)