Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, May 5, 2017

Spring showers brings May flowers!

I'll be so glad to see Sunday arrive.  We have had nothing but constant rain 24hrs a day since Tues! It's been gloomy and damp as you can well imagine. Rivers are running over their banks in some areas, the ground is so saturated, there is just no where for the rain to go. We really need to see the sun! And besides this weather is putting a real damper on our spring birding! (just saying :) )

So with that being said, I thought I would share something bright and cheerful!  I loved how this turned out as I made 4 of them, and one of them says "MOM" on the front rather than sending birthday wishes. 




I embossed the image onto some Strathmore Mixed Media vellum surface paper ( thanks Leslie for mentioning this, it is beautiful paper to watercolour on)using white embossing powder and then watercoloured the image and background using my Zig Clean colour markers.  Image is from Simon Says - Spring Flowers.  I then cut out the image out using MFT x-stitch rectangle die.  The pink paper was cut using one of the dies from MFT - die-namics blueprints 27.

I cut the 'sending' from black cardstock twice and then adhered together to give it a bit of stability and thickness.  Die is from Simon Says as well.

I then stamped 'birthday wishes' using black versafine.

To finish off I added some sequins and coloured the flower with my clear wink of stella pen.

I have some more Mother's Day cards to make so might make a few in different colours.

Thanks for your visit, enjoy your day!

Pauline


5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, Pauline, your watercoloring turned out so soft and pretty on this paper! I've been planning to white emboss a particular image and try my Gansai Tambi paints with it. I've been afraid of Zigs because I can be rather heavy handed. Worked beautifully for you, though! Really love the die and stamped sentiment combo, and I've adored that Spring Flowers stamp set forever. I hope you get some better weather soon. Sounds like here, but we're starting to get more nice days. Sunny today, but it's supposed to get real windy, grrrr.

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Oh so pretty. Love this card and by changing the sentiment it is perfect for many occasions.
Have a lovely weekend.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

CherylQuilts said...

Pauline, this is gorgeous, and I have to try this paper...I have it and used it years ago for a Zentangles class. But this is a far better way to use it...hehe! Beautifully colored, and I love the design and layout! Stunning card, as always, and I love making extras of cards like this...once you've done the work and have the supplies out...make a few more. Hope your weather improves soon and that the real flowers bloom and you get to do some birding! Hugs! xoxo

Tracy said...

This is so pretty. I'll have to see if I can find some of that paper. It really shows the watercolor beautifully.

Carla Murphy said...

Wow - really, really love this one. The colouring, the dies.... just gorgeous. It's so simple, but so effective.