Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, December 26, 2016

A lovely day

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas yesterday spent with family & friends.
Mark, Anna and the boys came down to spend the day.  We are so blessed to have such a wonderful family.  We shared lots of laughs, ate lots (way too much!) and just had  a good time. 

So that was yesterday, and today is also a special day, it's my BIRTHDAY!! woohoo!! My plan today is just to do nothing, and so far that is about all I have done.  I have checked out my Feedly posts and and a lot of other blogs.  Maybe I'll get working on some cards today and this week, since I'm off until Jan 2, then back to work on the 3rd,  my sale basket at work is completely empty! It's kind of nice to start the new year with a fresh selection.

I had made this card for one of my orders back in Nov, and just realized I never posted it.
I was inspired by a card that Cindy Lawrence did using this same image.  What led to this was I had already printed the digi image and I had cut it out, and I was looking for some kind of layout and I came across Cindy's card here.

Here is what I came up with:


I used copics to colour the image, and I never kept track as I was in a rushe to get this order done and delivered. I used Justrite Stitched A2 Banners and Rectagles to cut the image and the kraft c/s.  The fish tails for the other two pieces where cut using MFT fish tale dies.

I added some twine across the top and some enamel dots.

Thanks for stopping by today, enjoy your day.  Safe travels if you are out and about.

Pauline

4 comments:

NancyT said...

Pauline,
First of all, Happy Birthday. I hope you had an enjoyable day. Doing nothing is a great way to spend your birthday, especially after a busy day yesterday. This is a beautiful time to get together with family. I love your card, inspired by Cindy. I should use kraft c/s more often. I love the fish tales you used with your banner. The Copic colouring is fantastic and love the light blue shading. The orange and yellow enamel dots work perfect under the saying. You have your work cut out if your card basket at work is empty. I am sure your coworkers are looking forward to you filling it again!

CherylQuilts said...

Well, a belated happy birthday, Pauline! So glad you had a relaxing day to do just nothing or anything you wanted! What a gorgeous card this this beautifully colored black-eye Susan! I love the layout like Cindy's card, and what great DP you've used! Stunning, and I'm sure your customer loved it! Have a wonderful week off, my friend, and I hope you'll find some time to stamp more! Hugs! xoxo

Leslie Miller said...

Happy belated birthday, Pauline! Gosh, the day after Christmas. That's always a quiet, do nothing day for me and I love it. I'm glad to hear you have this week off after working such long hours plus getting ready for Christmas. I used to take this week off, too, and it was my favorite vacation of the year. I'm so happy to see your card today. I get withdrawal when you don't stamp for a while. And such a a pretty card it is with your expert coloring that I always admire so much. I love a flag design anytime, and the papers you chose go so well with the image. I'm so ready for anything besides a Christmas card, although I have already colored another one for next year. Not getting in that bind again! Thanks for remembering to share this, Pauline. I'll be looking forward to you filling up that basket!

Tracy said...

Lovely Pauline. I really like all those stacked banners. Happy belated birthday!!!