Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Live every day....

....like it's your birthday!

Hello everyone! Yes, it's Wednesday again, which means  another Bella card.  It's been one crazy busy week, hence no postings.  I'm working on cards as well as my sons wedding invitations, so a couple more weeks and they should be done, which will  open more spare time for card making.

Today's card I'm using another Edna image - Edna with a cupcake on top.  I love these gals and they are so fun to colour!


I stamped her onto some white cougar 100 lb card stock then coloured using copics. For the curved side I used a die from Simon Says called A2 card curved edge, then layered it onto a piece of PTI paper and cut  the one side with the curve border as well.

Designer paper is Crate paper - confetti.  I didn't really have a spot to add a sentiment at least not the one that comes with the set - but I stamped that inside the card - it says - live every day like it's your birthday.  For the front of the card I sniped a slim piece of the confetti paper (backside has birthday wishes in small script)  and glued it to the left side of the image.

Finished off with enamel dots, wink of stella clear pen and some  twine. I just love how this turned out!

Bill is getting some photo's ready for me to post, so stay tuned over the next couple of days for that.

Thanks for your visit today. Have a wonderful day.

Pauline

4 comments:

NancyT said...

Pauline, awesome card. You are correct, they are fun to colour. I love the curved edge just on one side. You are so creative. Again your colouring is subpurb. Your final details on all your cards are amazing. Have a great day. Hugs

Leslie Miller said...

I love Edna! The skinny girls are soooooo pretty, but Edna is keeping it real for the rest of us. I guess I'm somewhere in between. Your coloring is amazing as always and I LOVE how you designed this with the curve and the pretty paper showing on the sides. That little strip of words makes a perfect border. Really love the colors. You sound very busy. I have no excuse for not stamping other than I have lots of other things going on. Our son was down for a visit, then we had a doggie picnic day up the river, and today I'm lunching and shopping with a friend. Gardening tomorrow and then more friends on Friday. Some weeks are just like that, but very fun! I'm looking forward to the bird photos. You got me going. Bird feeders and bird bath are out and I'm always watching them. Mostly chickadees and sparrows visit the feeders. I have two different kinds but think I'll get more. Saw an eagle yesterday up the river. So beautiful and majestic! Have a good day, Pauline!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Pauline! What a fabulous and fun card! I too love Edna because she is real too...hehe! And you've colored her to perfection...just love your pencil coloring, sweet friend! And what a great layout with the curve and the wonderful DP you've used! Wow, I love the party feel to it. And how clever to use some of the words as the border on the left. Perfect finishing touches, and I love it all! Sounds like a really busy time, and I'm with Leslie - where do I find the time to do things while you are working and doing so much. I too look forward to the photos of your birds, and I remember how much my mom loved watching her birds as she had special feeders for each one. Made some days extra special for her as she was dealing with breast cancer. Birds are such a joy! Have a wonderful day, sweet friend, and thanks for sharing your beautiful work! Hugs!

Tracy said...

She's adorable and your design is so much fun. Lots of shape and the background is so colorful. Hugs!