Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Card class #2

Today I'm sharing a  a couple of cards for my next upcoming class at Paper Pickle. My class dates are March 30 & April 6.  If you are local and interested, please call The Paper Pickle to reserve a spot.




My first card I started with some distress inks to cover my top layer. I then laid a stencil over part of it and used a baby wipe to remove the ink in the stencil openings (you can see the effect in the bottom left - yellow portion).  I then took a couple of background stamps, inked them and stamped off first, then stamped using a 2nd generation of ink to stamp in the top right corner and top left.  I used a mesh stamp and a fine script - I don't know how well you can see that in the picture.  I then stamped a Magenta queen's anne lace stamp using black versafine.  Finished with some black ribobn and a couple of enamel dots.

For the second card, I did some colouring using prisma colour pencils.  This is a penny black stamp set I'm using.  After it was coloured I cut it out and popped it up onto a piece of white c/s that was cut using a spellbinder circle delight die and then I sponged some distress tumbled glass for a bit of colour.  To finish off I added glitter, and piece of crochet lace and button.

Thanks for your visit today,

Pauline




7 comments:

NancyT said...

Two amazing cards. I love the colour combinations of your card on the left. You have a knack to combine the right colours together. Your card on the right is beautiful as well. You are a pro at colouring my girl! Your DP is a perfect match to your flowers. Love the circle Lacey die. I am sure your class will be full. Who wouldn't want to take this class and learn your amazing techniques. Thanks for sharing.

Tracy said...

Sure wish I could come take the class with you. The cards are awesome. Great techniques to share and two cards that will work for lots of needs. Hugs!

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Love both cards, they are really lovely. Coming to your class on the 6th (the day of my birthday) would be a fantastic birthday present for me but, hey ho, there is too much water between us!!!! Will be thinking of you though.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my! Beautiful background effect on the first card. Love that beautiful silhouette stamp. And the pretty PB card -- wow! Loving PB flowers lately and wish I could have them all. Love those colors and the layout and die cut. It's going to be an awesome class! I've been asked to do classes at our local papercrafts store, but it really sounds like too much work. Might be fun to take some classes, though. Happy weekend, Pauline!

Debbie said...

Beautiful cards Pauline. I will be at the March class. Can't wait to try all the techniques in that first card and then practice my colouring.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Pauline, these are beautiful cards, and I know your students will love them! The first one's background is amazing, and I always love PB's stamps. Beautifully colored and a great layout! Oh, you all will have a wonderful time with this second class! Hugs!

Leslie said...

If only I lived closer, I would totally be taking your classes!