Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, November 29, 2015

the owl family


Hello everyone! Hope you are enjoying your weekend.  Yesterday was an exciting day for me. My future 
'daughter-in-law' invited me to the big city to go wedding dress and bridesmaid dress shopping with a couple of the bridesmaids (not all could make it).  Anna had already picked out her dress so we got to see her model it.  Oh my goodness, as usual I cried, my eyes just welled with tears, she was gorgeous - breath taking actually! The girls picked out their dresses as well - full length, dark grey - lace on top (sleeveless) and tulle for the skirt - stunning.  Now it's just the waiting game - 10 more months!

Today I have another Christmas card I made.  This one is using a Wild Rose Studio image. When I first saw this image on Simon Stamps website I knew I had to have it.  There is just something about the Wild Rose stamps - they are just so adorable.

I stamped the image onto some white cougar 100 lb card stock using black memento ink.  I pulled out my prismacolour pencils and began to colour.  After die cutting the image I left the die in place and sponged some soft sky around the image.




The sentiment is from PTI - stylish sentiments holiday set, which was stamped on a die cut using PTI - double tag ends die.  

For finishing touches I used glitter (of course), white flock for the hat trims, and the Memory Box holly bouquet die.  I cut this twice - one from green paper and once from red.  Inserted the red holly berries into the green die cut.

supplies:
stamp - wild rose studio - owls, PTI - stylish holiday sentiments
paper - studio calico - wonderland, bazzill green, cougar white, SU cherry cobler and misc scraps
ink - prismacolour pencils, black versafine, black memento, SU soft sky
dies - spellbinders ovals and scallop oval, Memory box - holly bouquet, PTI - double tag end
misc - glitter, white flock

I hope you enjoyed my card today.  I love when you visit.  Enjoy your day,

Pauline

5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, this is just so cute! There's something about birds on a branch that is just irresistible to me and these little owls are darling! Love your soft coloring and sponging and the papers and die cut. So, so sweet! And thanks for mentioning Simon Says Stamp for your Wild Rose Source. I see them at my local paper crafts store, but limited selection. They really are sweet stamps, so I'll have to go look. What a fun day you had yesterday! The bridesmaid's dresses sound gorgeous and elegant. I hope you'll have pictures when the time comes. 10 months goes by pretty quickly when there's lots of planning to do.

NancyT said...

Hi Pauline. Your card is so adorable. Wild Rose is one of my favourite stamps too. I love the softness of your colouring. The Memory Box holly bouquet sets off your image perfectly. Thanks for sharing and can't wait to see your next creation.

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Firstly what a dramatic new picture and how near to the cliff edge must the photographer be!!!

Such a gorgeous card, love it. Would love to know what the owl on the right said???

Thanks Pauline.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

Tracy said...

You're right. Their stamps are adorable. Your pencil work is flawless and so is the card design. Hugs!

Kerri said...

super cute card love it!!!!