Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, September 19, 2014

Fun with Hexagons

Hi everyone, I can't believe it's been almost 2 weeks since my last post.  Life just gets so busy at times doesn't it?

I'm just going to do a quick post today, I have the day off and I have a long 'to do' list to get done.
I'm just taking a break before I continue on with my errands.

I have been seeing lots of cards done using some of the larger background dies so I thought I would give this a try.  I think my favourite background die plate would have to be this hexagon die from Papertrey Ink.



First, I stamped a background stamp from Justrite called French Rose - I stamped it on MFT  pink lemonade using the pink lemonade dye ink pad. I then cut out the frame using some designer paper from K & Company.  Now this is the tricky part, while trying to keep all the hexagons in the right spots - on the back side, I taped some the hexagons while they were still in there spots catching the tape on the borders of the hexagons and across to the next border edge in order to keep the hexagon adhered to the die cut.  I hope I'm explaining this well for you to understand.  After I taped down as many as I wanted, I then adhered some foam tape to the border as well as behind the hexagons that I taped down. I then layered this onto my background piece, which gives this a bit of dimension.

For my sentiment piece I used a die from Spellbinders de-lites and cut the green layer, then used the next die in the set to cut the pink lemonade c/s.  I stamped the sentiment from an MFT set I have using black versafine.
Now the sentiment looks crooked but really it's not in real.  Must of taken the picture off kilter or something- lol!. 

Finished up with some glittery gems in some of the hexagon openings and a small pink ribbon bow on the sentiment.

This was a fun card to do, a bit of time but love the outcome.  I hope you give this a try sometime as well.  

Well that's it for me for today.  Enjoy your weekend, till next time....

Pauline

3 comments:

Tracy said...

This is so cool! I love how you left some of the pieces in. Design genius my friend! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Thud! As if the colors weren't enough gorgeousness you went and used the most beautiful paper and combined it with the perfect background stamp to peek through the openings. Clever and concise use of the hexagons in that stamp/paper combination, too. I agree with Tracy -- this is pure design genius!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful colors and papers. Yes I do like that hexagon background very cool! Wonderful sentiment focus and design. Hope you got your to do list done, still working on mine. ;-)