Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Reindeer Games

Hi - hope everyone had a good week.  Today I was up around 6 - I can never sleep in on weekends, so I went for my 1/2 hour walk, came home, had some cereal, then was going to work on some cards, but I had that guilt feeling nagging at me.  It is a very mild day for us today, and we have tons of leaves that needed to be raked and bagged.
So out I went, I bagged 13 bags - and I tell you I can hardly bend over (sucks to be getting old!)  I have a bad sciatica as it is, and this didn't help. But glad the leaves are off the lawn, because it's suppose to rain tomorrow and some snow coming next week.

After colouring up  the card in my previous post - Santa's helper, I knew I had to buy another one of these hilarious
images from Art Impressions.  

This one is called Reindeer Games - what a hoot!


I stamped her on some white c/s using memento black ink.  I shaded around her with prismacolour pencils then coloured her with copics. I used the smallest die of the grand nestabilities die to cut her out then sponged some antique lined around while the die was in place.

Designer paper is from MME called 12 days of Christmas.  I also used some washi tape that I had laying on my work table to make a couple of fish tale strips, then added a snowflake cut from kraft. Snowflake die is from Impression Obsession.

To finish off,  I added a bella dot in the center of the snowflake, some glossy accents to her glasses and a bit of glitter to her earrings and the snowflake.

Okay, off to work on some more cards, see you soon.
Thanks for stopping by.

Pauline

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

She is a hoot! Oh, my word, I'm so inspired I feel like stamping right now. I just love these rich Christmas colors, and your coloring is always so amazing. The snowflake die is great, too. Looks fabulous in kraft with the green center. I absolutely love this!

Tracy said...

hee hee You picked a great one Pauline. She's a hoot. I applaud your raking efforts and hope your back up to full speed now. Hugs!

Pop's Cards said...

Good Morning sweetie, wowzers stunning work!! hugs Pops x

Dana White said...

Pauline this is awesome - what a great image and sentiment. I don't miss the raking of leaves!!