Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Meadow Greens

I'm back today to share a card I made with one of my newest sets from Papertrey Ink.  Since I love anything nature related, I couldn't resist this new stamp set called Meadow Greens.  There are a lot of inspiration pieces made with this set on Pinterest.  I stole some inspiration from there and added to it.  This is what I came up with.



This was a fairly quick card to do, I ended up doing 3 in total.  The paint lines along the bottom of the card were done with MFT -Abstract Art and I used PTI inks - melon berry, limeade ice, aqua mist.  I stamped off first then stamped on my card, I guess I could of stamped off a bit more to maybe lighten the stripes a bit more.  The  flower and leaf is from the Meadow Green set, again stamped with limeade ice but first stamped off the leave and vine.  The flower was first stamped with limeade ice then mading sure it was dry, I stamped the flower again using versamark then embossed with vanilla embossing power (and it even smells like vanilla!!).
For the vase, I first cut it out using PTI's vase die and then using the matching stamp I stamped the vase in versamagic white.

Sentiment is from Verve - small phrases, stamped in smoke grey versafine.  Finished off with a small coral flower with a small pearl added to the middle.

Papers used - PTI - white, melon berry & aqua mist.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a wonderful day,

Pauline

5 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so beautiful
luv
Debby

Tracy said...

Great mix of colors and the way you put all the parts together looks amazing. I especially like the swipes of color and the embossed flower. Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! This is gorgeous, Pauline! I love the clean and gentle look of it. Fabulous idea to overstamp the flower and emboss in vanilla. The little coral center with the pearl really sets off the whole thing. There must be something wrong with my Aqua Mist pad. I can never get that much color out of it. Odd. So pretty the way you did the vase, too. It's all just so delicate and beautiful!

Mary J said...

That is so beautiful, Pauline - gorgeous fresh colours too!

LindaH said...

hey thought i'd pop in and see what you are up to these days and what a treat! this is GORJUS!!!!! off to look at more.