Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Maisy

It's been a long day - I was awake shortly after 5 this morning, and here I am just after midnight writing up this post.

Tonight I volunteered at our church for Shrove Tuesday, got home around 7:45 then worked on my class cards for Paper Pickle.  So those are done and Kim will post the classes next Tuesday. So it's  good thing I had tonight's card already done.

I'm using an older image from the Ketto line called Maisy Ketto.



When I decided on her to colour, I was rummaging through some of my 6x6 paper packs and came across the paper I used.  I thought it fit perfectly with Maisy.  The dots on the paper kind of match her flower- similar design, so that's what I went with.  The is from Cosmo Cricket called Clementine.
After stamping her on bella's bestest paper, I used my Copics to colour her, shading and grass done with pencils.  I sponged some aloe vera versamagic around Maisy after I cut her out and left the die in place.

Finishing touches - glitter, rhinestones (on her crown), and some seam binding ribbon.

Well, that's it for me --- I am whipped!  Catch you back here on Friday for our challenge.  If you would like to play along, our theme this week is a sketch (which you can see below). Just remember if you do play along to email your card to Emily by thursday night, or post it on SCS, using the keyword BELLARIFFIC0712.

2 comments:

Carla Murphy said...

omgosh you're right - that paper is the perfect match - both dps... sweet image Pauline - beautifully coloured; love that seam binding ribbon too - gorgeous colour.

Leslie said...

OOh, that paper is a perfect match and the seam binding is a perfect soft touch - I love your bow too - I struggle with a bow made out of seam binding! Did you do it by hand or with the Bow Easy? Oh and I love, love, LOVE that layout!!!