Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Where there is Love..

there is Life! What a fabulous saying - it's from Verve!

I needed a couple of Valentine cards to take with me on Monday for my sale basket in Dresden,  so I pulled out Text Objects.




I started by cutting and embossing the heart on cream cardstock using  Spellbinders Nested Hearts. Leaving the die on I sponged some antique linen distress ink.  Next I stamped the verse. The DP paper I used for this card is from Cosmo Cricket called Circa 1934. This is such yummy paper! So for the layer behind the heart, I stamped repeatedly one of the verses from the same set. Used my Tim Holtz die to cut the layer under the red ric rac, then I ran the yellow paper through the cuttlebug using the heart embossing folder to give it a little texture. 
Finished up by adding some black rhinestones. Card measures 5 1/2 x 5 1/2.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Another fabulous card.... You definitely have an eye for detail...... Love it!