Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, September 22, 2017

Fall Birding #1

Good morning. Well it's Friday, which means my last day of my vacation - back to work on Monday. Weather was extremely hot this week, and it is to continue until mid next week.  Temperatures feeling from high 90's to low 100's!   Just way too hot for me.  But I did manage to get some stuff done around the house which is always good, because you just never seem to get around to it when you are working.   I also managed to get a couple of cards done but I need to take pictures first.  So rather than put this post off until I get that done, I thought I would share some more of Bill's photo's.  These were taken in Sept.  Capturing the Warblers in the fall plumage is different for us as we have never captured these beauties this time of year, it's always during the Spring. We found a unique place where the Warblers seem to stop over during their migration to the south.


So, sit back and enjoy (click to enlarge!)








Hope you enjoyed the photo's. Let me know what you think.  I always share your comments with Bill (unless he pops onto my blog and reads for himself!).

Enjoy your weekend, whatever it holds for you.  See you soon,

Pauline

5 comments:

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Bill has taken some stunning pictures. He is really gifted. The birds are beautiful and look soooo peaceful.

Have a lovely weekend.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

NancyT said...

Pauline, every time you share Bill's pictures, I need to look at each one, over and over again, to make sure I capture everything - not only the beauty of the birds but the surroundings. Bill knows how to take the right shots with perfect angle, lighting and unique position or action of the birds. He is so talented. Thanks Bill for sharing with us. Now let me go back and view the photos again.

Leslie Miller said...

Aren't they sweet! So many different varieties, and yellow just happens to be one of my favorite colors. And green. Anything nature enchants me completely. I can never get enough of Bill's pictures. Enjoy these last days of your vacation. I know how precious they are.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh my heart! Pauline, these are amazing photos Bill has taken! What a special gift he has for photography! I am in total awe. And then he knows (you probably do too) what they are! My mom would absolutely have LOVED to see these precious birds. She loved them herself and would sit and watch them eat from the many bird feeders they had in the backyard. One of her favorites was the nuthatch. The first one just took my breath away, and each one is darling and so stunningly and beautifully marked. Wow! I am glad to hear you had a nice time off, but that is way too hot...even for here in South Florida! Well, I surely look forward to seeing more of your birding photos. I love each one!! Hugs, sweet friend!

Tracy said...

The markings on these little treasures are amazing!