Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Tulips x 2

Hello everyone.  Today, I'm about to double your pleasure as I have 2 cards to share.  Both using the same stamp, but different layouts and colours.

I was in need of a couple of Easter cards for a friend, so scrounging around for some spring flowers, I came across a Hero Arts tulip stamp that I haven't used in quite some time.  Perfect!  So I played around with some different colours and these were my favourites.

The first one was done but colouring directly onto the image with distress markers, huff, and stamp.
I used MFT cross stitch rectangle die to cut it our then layered it onto another piece of white card stock. I wrapped some lace around the image, then adhered then to a piece of scrap dp from the scrap bin, then onto my card base.
To finish up I used my wink of stella clear pen to add a bit of sparkle to the tulips, a couple of enamel dots and a  tiny silk green bow.





For my second card, I used distress markers again, huff & stamp.  I used MFT stitched inside & out rounded rectangle die to cut it our.  I wrapped some orange gingham ribbon around the base of the flowers before adhering to the next layer. For that I used  sizzix  embossing folder - sorry do not know the name of this one.
To finish off used my wink of stella clear pen for the flowers and added some enamel dots.



Great thing about both cards is that they are nice and flat for mailing - no extra posted required!

Supplies:
stamp - Hero Arts - newspaper tulips
paper - cougar white 100 lb, scrap designer paper
ink - distress markers - twisted citron, moved lawn, picked raspberry, rie persimmon, mustard seed
dies - MFT - cross stitch rectangle, inside & out rounded rectangle die
misc - sizzix embossing folder, ribbon, enamel dots, wink of stella clear pen


Thanks for stopping by today.  Enjoy the rest of your day.

Pauline

5 comments:

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Two very simple, clean looking cards - beautiful. Perfect cards for today - its Mothers Day over here, so have been spoiled rotten. Thank you for sharing.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

Leslie Miller said...

Now why haven't I thought of something like this for Easter? The tulips are perfect and so pretty! Very slender and graceful, and I love their fluid movement and that the blooms are newsprint style. That gingham ribbon is so cute! It's always nice that they're flat and easy to mail, too. You know how I love that. Plus, an older stamp -- double love. Gosh, it's good to see these cards today, Pauline!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Pauline
Two fabulous cards... I have that stamp.. not used it much... must look it out...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Tracy said...

They are both lovely. Nice and springy. Great stamping Pauline. Hugs!

NancyT said...

Two beautiful, spring cards. Tulips are the perfect flowers to start spring off. I love the colours you used on both. How different they look just by using different colours. Your orange ribbon is springy and very cute. I wish I could come up with these ideas! Thanks for sharing.