Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Washi tape Christmas cards

Happy Valentines Day!  I don't have a Valentines card to share, but I have a couple more Christmas cards to share with you.  I made these back in Dec.  Our local stamping store The Paper Pickle, has make n' takes every third Saturday of the month.  In November, we did this cared below.  When I first saw the card, I thought the image was paper, but it is actually washi tape - who would of thought?

This is the card we made at the store: love the wood grain background paper, and we use Tim Holtz  Happy Holiday sizzix thinlets for JOYFUL. This card worked up so quickly - it helped that Kim had everything already cut and you just had to assemble.




I was feeling the crunch, as I was trying to get all my Christmas cards done and in the mail. I knew I could probably mass produce this card but didn't want to copy exactly.  The 2 cards below is what I came up with using Kim's idea above, to make them my own. The washi tape has 2 images on the roll - birds & reindeer.  I ended up making 6 of each.









Supplies for my version:

Dies: Tim Holtz - sizzix thinlits - Happy Holidays #660976, Memory Box Frosty Border #98171, Impression obsession - snowflake dies - #DIE100-F,  Peace # DIE226-A, MFT - stitched oval frames, MFT stitch rectangle scallop edge frame
Paper: cougar white cardstock, gold stardust cardstock, cream shimmer cardstock, wood grain dp.
Misc: washi tape  - gold border & image, twine, wink of stella pen (I added glitter to the washi tape images for a bit of sparkle).

Have a wonderful day, thanks for your visit!

Pauline

6 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, that's some gorgeous Washi tape! Oh, how I love the wood grain paper and the natural feel of these cards. So beautiful, Pauline! Just for kicks I followed your link to The Paper Pickle. What a fun place to shop! Sigh... I miss our local stamp supply store. Shopping online is just not the same, but it's still fun to get those packages in the mail. I've been holding back, but I feel the urge coming on. You're not helping with these fantastic cards! Happy Valentine's Day!

Traci M said...

These are so pretty!! I love how you tailored these to make more...and each has so much rustic finery!!

Tracy said...

Oh wow! I've never seen washi tape that big and it's absolutely gorgeous. I can understand why you wanted to replicate.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Pauline, I am stunned that this is washi tape! Wow! What beautiful cards, and I love the others you worked up after the make-it-take-it at the stamp store. Beautifully finished each one. Hugs!

Karen Dunbrook said...

These are gorgeous..love the muted tones and the natural look they have.
Noticed you were from Ontario...waving to you! I am here too.
:) Karen

Stacy Morgan said...

Our craftstore doesn't do anything like this and I wish they would and try new stuff ya know. These are wonderful, warm and comfy feeling. The bells and twine make it feel homespun. They are all beautiful.