Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Painted Harvest x 2

Hello everyone!  Sorry I've been away for a while.  Wasn't feel well, but I'm on the mend. 

I have a couple of cards to share with you today.  I made these over the Christmas Holidays. The set I'm using is from SU called Painted Harvest.  I have seen so many gorgeous samples made with this set, so when SU had free shipping around the beginning of Dec I jumped at the chance.  Normally this set would of cost me almost $45 CAD, (stamp set, shipping & taxes) which I refuse to pay that kind of money for one set, but with free shipping that knocked off $15.  Still a bit much, but knew I would get a lot of use of out this set.

I made 2 cards, same colours and layout, just changed the finished touches a bit.

I started by cutting a decorative edge along the bottom. I used Simon Says Corbel curved border die - love it! then I stamped the flowers and leaves and was careful not to stamp on the border edging.

This is a 2 step stamping set, but I just used 1 colour for the flower vs 2 which most people do.
I used SU coastal cabana.  My ink pad isn't overly juicy which I didn't mind, it gave it a softer look.
For the leaves I used SU mint macaron, and for the centers I used SU crumb cake.
To finish my first card off I added a silk bow along the right edge of the border and a couple of sequins. I left the inside liner blank so this could be used for many occasions.



For my second card, it was prepared the same as the first card except for the finishing touches.  I added a little tag - which says ' happy wishes' and added a lime green bow.  I also added some enamel dots. I left the liner blank in this as well, but could be used for birthday, thinking of you, or a congrats card.
 



Good timing on typing up this post, our pork tenderloin w/ mini potatoes and baby carrots just finished cooking in my Instant Pot! This afternoon, I made some rice pudding in the pot, it is the best I have ever made or eaten, so creamy and delicious!  I love my Instant pot!!! 

Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate your visit. See you back here soon,

Pauline

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Just WOW! Such a soft, pretty watercolor look with this set! I'm not familiar with it as I never look at SU anymore since my friend quit her demo-ship. I wouldn't want to pay that price, either! I can see how you'd use this a lot, and I hope you do. I'd love to see more! The decorative curve is so lovely and I just can't get over how pretty the blue is. What a treat today, Pauline! I'm glad you're feeling better. Lots of people sick long about this time. Now you've got me wanting to look up Instant Pot. You've mentioned it before and I'm intrigued. Have a happy day!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is so subtle and pretty! What amazing colours and it looks just like you painted it. SU is very expensive here too and I never buy it. I buy stamps and sometimes use them only a few times too.
I was reading about your meal and my mouth is watering! Hubby and I love rice pudding.
Thank you for your kind wishes ... have a lovely week!

Tracy said...

These are so beautiful. That color combo is stunning. You amaze me with those teeny tiny PERFECT bows. LOL I'm thinking about getting one of those pots. Hugs!

Stacy Morgan said...

I am one of those that has issues with two step stamping I admit it. Adore how it looks when others like these do it. Very soft and LOVE the colors. The decorative edge looks fantastic on them both with the hint of a tag and ribbon. Beautiful on both. Can you tell I have a free day to catch up on bloggin. :-) Hope you are having a wonderful day!