Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Go wild

I really don't know what has gotten into me lately, but I'm finding it a huge struggle to make a card. I wasn't well the first few weeks of Jan, and now that I'm able to work on cards, I just can't seem to get in the groove.  I see that Power Poppy has a 'page map' challenge, maybe I should go take a look for some inspiration to get me going!

I do however, have a card to share.  I finished this up early Dec, but just never posted it, and since I haven't made anything new to share I'll share this one.

Image is from Power Poppy -"Go wild". Well I think I went a bit wild on this one with all the different purple tones, what do you think?




I used copics to colour, the die cut it using a spellbinder square die.  I then layered it onto a piece of designer paper, cut using a stitched square die (MFT).  For the dark purple background I embossed it. Yes, I embossed it - it's been forever since I used my embossing folders, but love that bit of design when you use plain card stock.

To finish I used clear wink of stella to the flowers, added some pearls and then some seam binding ribbon.  All the purple tones seem to blend better in real then in this picture (ok we will blame it on the camera! LOL).

Well that's it for me for today, off to get my roast going for dinner in my Instant Pot.  Anyone else out there have one? I love it.  This morning I made a pot of chicken noodle soup in it, so easy and so tasty!

Have a wonderful day!
Pauline


4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

You have no idea how many times I've had this set out looking at it and longing to use it again. There are just so many stamps -- overwhelming -- but this is one of my favorite images. Beautifully colored, and I think your blending looks perfect in the photo. Love how you did the little dresser scarf thingy. The purples are awesome. Good to see the embossed background, too, as I'm trying to use my many embossing folders more and this is good inspiration. I'm so glad you finally posted this. Sometimes I just want to color and don't get around to the photos. It's so easy to get out of the stamping groove, but you have such a talent it's sad not to use it. BTW, I had to look up Instant Pot. I figured it was a pressure cooker of some kind. Rave reviews. Perfect for making a really nice dinner in little time, which is great for a working woman.

Tracy said...

It's lovely and I think the purples were a great choice. The texture from the embossing folder is a really nice addition too.

Stacy Morgan said...

What are you talking about? Your purple hues look great. The textured background is great touch with these blooms and I do like the ribbon you added. Very soft and pretty.

CherylQuilts said...

Pauline, I LOVE this card! It is so classic "Pauline" with such beautiful coloring, beautiful layout, and lovely finishing touches like the ribbon and pearls (and love the embossing. Nah, you never lose your beautiful touch, and thanks for sharing and inspiring me!! Hugs!