Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Polar bear express

Hi Everyone.  I finally got around to taking pictures of my cards that I made over the last couple of weeks, so lets get started.

I must confess, the image below has been stamped out a couple of years ago and I did start to colour the polar bear and that is far as I got with it.  So was going through my bin of partial projects and found this one.

Image is from Crissy Armstrong over at Whimsy Stamps.  I'm not sure of the name of the image, I don't see on their website anymore.  So as I was trying to think of a name for my post, my daughter Karen suggest 'polar bear express', so that's what I went with.



I used prismacolour pencils to colour.  I debated on whether or not to die cut the image or leave as is.  I tried many different die cuts for along the top and bottom.  I ended up using an MFT stitched hill die for the bottom and Memory Box Frostyville border for the top.

Background paper is from Basic Grey Nordic Holiday collection (another oldie).  I tied some plaid ribbon across the top and tied a bow

Along the hill I added some sparkle by using some Twinklets Diamond dust - love this stuff, a little chunky but very sparkly.  I used my wind of stella clear pen for along the frostyville border to add some shimmer.  I also used my white pen and added some polka dots to the penguins scarf for some extra detail, and some fun flock to the brims of the hats and pompom.

So there you have it.  Isn't this image just so sweet?

Thanks for visiting.  Keep warm if you are experiencing winter where you live.  We had our first snowfall today, a couple of centimenters, but then the sun came out and melting most of it away.

Till next time,

Pauline



3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I love a cute or pretty colored image more than anything when it comes to stamping and you do it so well! And with the snowflake border and ribbon and stitched hill -- adorable!! Some of those Whimsy stamps are fairly irresistible. I have a Christmas set bookmarked for next year, sigh. You made me go look again. We were out of town all day yesterday, so I'm late to visit, but I'm back and looking forward to more of those Christmas card you photographed!

Tracy said...

This duo is frosty fun. Great color choice for the bear. Hugs!

Ros Crawford said...

This is beautiful! Wonderful colouring!