Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Scarlet Majesty

Good afternoon!  How is your Christmas cards coming along, making head way?  I've been working on them, but have lots more to make.  I can't believe it's the middle of November already!

Today's card is a poinsettia stamp from Penny Black called - Scarlet Majesty - and as you can see mine is not scarlet colour - I thought I would do something out of the norm.




I placed the stamp in my Misti and applied distress markers, and stamped.  I did this several times to get the application I was looking for.  I then took some prisma colour pencils and filled in areas where I wanted more colour or darker colour.  I then sponged distress inks very lightly around the image for shading.

I cut it down to size, then layered it onto a piece of shiny silver c/s.  Then I was stumped!  I tried several pieces of paper, several different layouts and nothing appealed to me.  Isn't it frustrating when that happens?  So I left if for a week or so then came back to it, only because I came across of already die cut frostyville border from Memory Box. I then layered it behind the image, pulled out some muted aqua dp, and I liked what I saw. 

For finishing touches I wrapped some deep blue/turquoise seam binding ribbon around and added a small bow.  Added some Art Glitter - Vintage fine glass glitter - sea sprite colour to the center of the poinsettia. Tim Holtz clear crystal distress glitter to parts of the leaves, then a few crystal clear dots her and there (not really sure of the proper name for these).

I have many more cards to share so stay tuned.

Thanks for your visit today, enjoy your day!
Pauline

4 comments:

Sue said...

Pauline, I love the watercolour effect you achieved with the stamping and the glitter gives fabulous texture. Beautiful card!

Leslie Miller said...

I know! Time is racing by and we must hurry if we're going to get those cards mailed. Wow! You've made this poinsettia majestic even without the scarlet! I love it in the beautiful blue with the touch of green toward the center. The border, background paper, ribbon -- all perfect! I've walked away from a card many times, but I'm thinking I should give it a week or so because the end result of yours is spectacular! Many more to come? I can't wait!

Tracy said...

The colors you chose make this image super elegant. Beautiful design and just the right touch of glitz. Hugs!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is beautiful, the shading on this is wonderful. Great die cut edge to match. Beautiful!!!