Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, September 15, 2017

Algonquin Park - summer

I thought instead of a card for this post I would share some of Bill's photo's from our trip to Algonquin Provincial Park last month.

Please click on the pictures to enlarge them.

As we were driving early one morning around 7ish along Hwy 60 which runs through the park I noticed Momma Moose and young bull grazing along the side of the road.  They checked us out for a couple of minutes while  Bill took their picture then they turned and off into the forest they went. 


Next up is the Common Loon.  Many times as we ventured up to the Park our desire is to see the Loons.  We often hear them out on the lakes but never get a change to see them up close.  Well this time we lucked out.  Two mornings, we were able to sit and watch them as they swam fairly close to the lake edge while we were hidden from sight at the lakes edge.  They are such a beautiful waterbird.
I share some of our favourite pictures.  I'm sure Bill took at least 500 pictures! 





Does this next picture look familiar?  I am currently showcasing it as my blog header picture.
These are Lincoln sparrows.  Bill didn't realize he had 2 Lincoln's in this picture until he got home and was viewing them.  I love their little peaked crown, such a pretty sparrow, love the colour tones.
We spotted these guys at Spruce Bog, along with the next 2 pictures.






I hope you enjoyed the pictures.  I will have more soon to share.
Thanks for stopping by,

Pauline



4 comments:

NancyT said...

Oh Pauline. What a beautiful collection. Bill sure has a talent to take photos. It is hard to believe he isn't a professional photographer. His photos are top quality and can stand side by side any well known photographer. I am certainly looking forward to seeing more. I am sure he was thrilled to get the moose photos. Hugs

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

What stunning pictures and what stunning memories you both must have. So well done to Bill.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

Leslie Miller said...

The sights you see at the beautiful Algonquin Park! Oh, my... the markings on that loon... isn't nature astonishing? I "awwww'd" out loud at the adorable fluffy warbler. The moose are something we never see here, of course, but will see again someday on our travels. Bill's photos are always amazing and to click is to step into another world. I'm so glad you shared these photos as I was waiting for them. Sorry I'm so late to visit. You may have thought we were off enjoying our new trailer, but actually I've been too sick to sit at the computer. On the mend now, though.

Tracy said...

I had this post pulled up on my computer when my hubby walked by. He was totally drawn in by the moose and had to check out all the birds too. Bill takes such wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing them. Hugs!