Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, August 21, 2017

Beautiful Bouquet Dahlias

Hello everyone.  Hope you had a good weekend.  Bill &  I took off for a short mini vacation up to Algonquin Provincial Park for a few days.  It is so peaceful and relaxing there. Although it's a long  drive it was well worth it, we got home last night totally exhausted! We are up around 4:30- 5am each day and go all day. We (Bill) were able to photograph Common Loons (which we never expected to see) - and the pictures he took are gorgeous! We sat at the edge of a lake hidden by leaves for over an hour each day and took pictures.  The second day the loon came up very close to us, so you can image the amount of pictures Bill has to go through.  We also saw a number of birds, and a Momma and baby Moose along the highway.

Okay, back to the real reason why your here, to see a card!

This one is using an image from Wplus9 called Beautiful Bouquet Dahlias.


I embossed the image with white embossing powder onto some Strathmore Mixed Media vellum surface paper.  I then pulled out my Zig Clean colour markers and watercoloured the image.  I used MFT pierced frame die to make my frame.  One the frame was cut, I laid this onto my watercolour piece and marked where I needed the leaves and flowers to extend over the frame, then carefully cut around those pieces, before adhering my frame.

Designer paper is from Prima - firefly collection.

I added some wink of stella to the flowers for a bit of shimmer and some sequins and pearls to finish this off.

I'm off today, so lots to get done after being away (laundry, groceries, cleaning etc).  See you soon.  Have a wonderful day!

Pauline

5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, oh wow! This stamp was made in Heaven and colored by an angel, I think! Absolute gorgeousness! LOVE how you cut and lifted those parts over the frame. I'm stunned by the beauty of this! Also pretty the way you put the pearls in the sequins. There are so many pretty stamps I've been looking at but not buying, other than the Power Poppy release. Now I'm way behind in my coloring again. Such beautiful, delicate colors with your Zigs, and the white embossing makes it even prettier. Thanks so much for this wonderful treat today, Pauline! I hope we'll get to see some of Bill's pics. I do enjoy them. I have just a few too many passions to keep up with!

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Card is stunning, as usual. Love those colours.
Life doesn't get much better does it. Enjoy every moment.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

CherylQuilts said...

Paula, this is GORGEOUS! Your coloring and great selection of colors are fabulous, and I agree with Leslie that I love how you've allowed some of the petals and leaves to flow over the die! It's beautifully framed, and what a lovely DP for the background! Sounds like you and Bill had a wonderful time birding! I'm so glad you had some time off and together time. I look forward to seeing some beautiful photos once he sorts through all the amazing photos. Having taken a lot of photos in my life, I know it takes a lot of photos to get some great ones. Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Tracy said...

sigh....such beautiful colors. Your watercolor work is just as stunning as your other mediums. So very pretty. P.S. Hope your going to share pics from the trip. :-)

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous... The white embossing is fabulous with your coloring. Really makes it pop, gorgeous Pauline!