Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Cosmobella 2.0


Good morning.  Hope your day is off to a wonderful start.  It's a beautiful summer day here in SW Ontario, no humidity today as was yesterday!

My daughter had asked me one evening last week if I had a birthday card for one of her co-workers (which she needed for the next day - nothing like thinking ahead - lol). Of course I had some 'flowery' cards already made, but that wasn't what she had in mind.  She asked me if I had some 'bella' girls and of course none done, so I pulled out some easier ones to colour, and gave her a choice of a couple of images (such a nice Mom eh?).  Karen picked Cosmobella 2.0.

I'm also using this card to enter into this weeks challenge over at Bloggabella.  By the inspiration piece Emily showed, I think these colours work!




I stamped her on cougar 100 lb white card stock using black memento and then coloured using copics.
Sorry didn't keep a list of colours, was in a hurry just to get this done.  Used prisma colour pencils for the ground area.  Found some scrap paper in my scrap bin to use for accent.

The sentiment was stamped using black versafine ink  then cut out using one of the flag dies from MFT die-namics blueprints #27.  I then layered this onto a piece of black card stock and trimmed around it.

To finish off I added some enamel dots.  I also used my Nuvo clear glitter pen and added sparkle to her white t-shirt - so pretty.

Well that's it for today folks, I wish you all a wonderful happy day! See you soon,

Pauline

5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I love how this turned out and I'll bet your daughter did, too! Those jeans look so natural. You always do such an amazing job coloring these Bellas. The paper with her is perfect and I love the sentiment and the simplicity. I'm always making cards with the recipient in mind and they can't all be flower cards, hence the cute stuff.

Stacy Morgan said...

This is totally cute! Yes nothing like her asking the night before, I have had a few like that. Bella is fun and makes for great CAS design. I bet her co-worker loved this.

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

WOW stunning "young" card. Love it. Colours are amazing and whatever she has in her glass - I could do with some please!!!

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

Tracy said...

She's awesome and so are you...Mom. LOL Hugs!

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, you are an amazing mom, Pauline! You sure colored this Bella gal up beautifully, and I especially love her jeans...classy gal too! Love the striped DP and beautiful layout! Hugs!