Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, July 21, 2017

Bridal shower

Hello everyone.  TGIF - and even better I'm off until Tuesday! Yay!!!!

It's a very warm one here today,  hot and humid, it's already 93F and suppose to go over 100 this afternoon.

I had a request from my boss for a wedding shower card, and this is what I came up with.
I loved the outcome I ended up making another one for a spare.



Not a lot of stamping, actually no stamping at all.  The dress was embossed using an embossing folder from Darice. I then cut a white frame from MFT stitched rectangle frame (largest die).  The pink  was cut down to size to fit in behind.

The silver embossed paper behind is from Kaisercraft - The lake house. I then layered it onto a piece of MFT pink lemonade, then onto my card base which is dark grey bazzill.

Then the fun begins.  Me and all my fussiness with flowers, pearls, glittered tiny rhinestones & ribbon. After it was all together, I used Nuvo Aqua shimmer clear pen to add sparkle to the flowers, and boy do they shimmer.  It is so pretty in real.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend.  Stay cool!

Pauline

6 comments:

Carla Murphy said...

What a STUNNER of a card!! I just love that embossing folder, must try to find that... not that I could have the same outcome. Those flowers... the little bow... the white frame... I just love it all Pauline!

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

WOW soooo pretty. Love it. Not a problem keeping cool this weekend over the pond - the weather forecast is a showery one. Enjoy your weekend in the sunshine.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

Tracy said...

I can certainly see why you liked this and made a second. It's exquisite. The embossing is such a cool look and then you did your magic with the flower spray. Perfections! Hugs!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Pauline! This is absolutely gorgeous, and you sure are amazing at designing the most exquisite floral arrays. I love it with the fine attention to detail...love the trailing flowers at the bottom...so sweet! What an amazing embossing folder and how you've added the pearls at the bottom. I too can see why you made two of these. What a spectacular wedding card! Both of these will be loved and cherished for years to come! What a joy to see them, Pauline! And woohoo for the time off...enjoy and relax and create more...and keep cool!!! Hugs! xoxo

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous Pauline! Oh I like that you embossed the dress and the pearls at the bottom is classy. Oh my goodness.. Truly a gorgeous wedding card and keep sake for them. FABULOUS joB!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word, I was instantly struck by the beauty of your flower arrangement! You're absolutely the BEST with flowers! I especially love those flowers trailing down. Ack! So pretty! And the details with the shimmer and pearls and the little bow. Love the embossing folder and the silver Kaisercraft paper in the background. So pretty with the pink. No problem staying cool here. It's been a beautiful week and I've spent most of it outside. Very comfortable temps. The wind is back today, however. I'll have to brave it to go out and do some deadheading, but only because it's necessary. Then I hope to be in my stamp room. Enjoy your time off. Oh, how I loved that time off when I was working. I lived for it. Now every day is fantastic. Your time will come.